Thursday, October 8, 2026

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up once at 11:45 but quickly fell back asleep, finally waking at 5:30 and getting up at 6am.

According to my Fitbit, I got in 6,220 steps yesterday and last night I slept for 6 hours and 55 minutes for a sleep score of 83 and a sleep efficiency of 95%. Hmm, even though I had a Coke around 3pm did the walking make that big of a difference?

I had an hour nap after breakfast.

I left the apt at 9:15 and found Smartfit a little busier than usual. I only had to wait on a couple machines finishing with a heartrate of 126 on the treadmill.

Blue’ Smash Burgera looks like it’s almost ready to open. Why the apostrophe after Blue? I have no idea.




According to ChatGPT, Rappi has already been connected with this new location so they may be ready for deliveries.

I briefly spoke with a man from Germany with a woman that spoke English but appeared to be Colombian.

I left at 11am and returned to the apt.

I’m trying to find my most recent blood test results on Cedimed so I can present them to my Internista. Otherwise, I need to get another blood test.

I left the apt at 12:30 and took a Didi to Mayorca mall in Sabaneta. This is the state of the new apt construction on the other side of the calle from Viva Envigado.



I recycled a 9-volt battery then took the elevator up to the 4th floor where I met Teresa in line outside Crepes & Waffles. I had the chicken, cheese and broccoli crepe while she had a Mexican crepe and we each had a juice for 109,650 pesos ($34). While there Teresa thought she heard it was raining outside.

Teresa was tired and decided to return to the apt instead of going to her craft class.

While taking a taxi back to Envigado the driver confirmed it had rained hard. I got out up the hill from McDonald’s while Teresa continued on to the apt.

I stopped in a line with 5 ahead of me at the Bancolombia kiosk but the lady inside was busy on the phone so she waved me to the front so I could give her my USB drive. (An advantage of them getting to know my weekly habit.) I printed my chess games from yesterday then went across the street to Gana.



Another line there, short but long because some guy was buying several lottery tickets. When it was my turn, I handed the lady my cellphone showing the Movistar bill but after checking on her computer she told me they’re out of service. ☹

I continued on to Los PorteƱos and since it was still chilly outside I took an inside table for a change. I was going to try a cold drink but instead had my usual latte. I completed another set of 12 puzzles, getting 4 wrong. I played a 15’10” game and checkmated him on the 38th move. I tracked the White Sox get pummeled by Cleveland 9-3.

We had a little rain while I was there.

I left at 5pm and stopped at the new burger place



and a young lady outside assembling a cart informed me the grand opening will be on Saturday.

I returned to the apt.

I received an email that my vote has been delivered by Fed-Ex.

At 6:30 I changed into jeans, a long sleeve shirt (been a long time since I’ve been dressed like that here) and put on a jacket and we took a Didi to Antica Pizza (been a while since we’ve been here) and had to wait about half an hour for Esmeralda and Alejandro to arrive. She gave me my 2 boxes of zopiclone and I gave her the 70,000 pesos. Alejandro and I talked about his mother’s sleep problems and I shared what I’m doing to improve my sleep. He informed me that it seems to be genetic as others in his family take strong medications in order to sleep. We each had a slice of pizza, Alejandro paid with is bank card and I learned the reason they’re asked if they want a “recivo electronico” is because they can deduct the IVA tax from their DIAN tax. (I purposely didn’t have a Coke in order to avoid the caffeine; I miss my caffeine-less root beer.) We said goodbye then walked down the hill and took a taxi back to the apt.

It was now 9:15 so I just got ready for bed, going to bed at my usual 10pm.

 

RELEASE ALL THE EPSTEIN FILES NOW!

 

JOKE OF THE DAY


A store that sells new husbands has just opened in New York City, where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates:

You may visit the store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch: you may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband.

On the first floor there is a sign on the door that reads: Floor 1 - These men have good jobs.

When she gets to the second floor she finds a sign that reads: Floor 2 - These men have good jobs and love kids.

The third floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men have good jobs, love kids, and are extremely good looking.

"Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and a sign reads: Floor 4 - These men have good jobs, love kids, are very good looking and help with the housework.

"Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!"

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads: Floor 5 - These men have good jobs, love kids, are very good looking, help with the housework, and are very romantic.

She's so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads: Floor 6 - You are visitor number 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store!


A new wives store opened across the street.

The first floor has wives that are beautiful.

The second floor has wives that are beautiful and love sex.

The third through sixth floors have never been visited.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment