Sunday, January 10, 2016

Saturday, January 9th, 2016



I had difficulty falling asleep but when I finally did I didn’t awaken until 5am.  The dogs seemed to have a barking contest with the neighborhood dogs starting at 6am which lasted about 20 minutes.

The “Pending” charge in my checking account for ChessLecture.com is no longer there.

I had Teresa call Hacienda La Extremadura and reserve 2 nights for our trip.  They said we can pay when we arrive.

Teresa showed me a large chunk of ice at the bottom of the back of the refrigerator.  I wanted to use hammer and chisel to remove it but Teresa said only if I was prepared to buy a new refrigerator.  I wasn’t, so we just moved the refrigerator into more sunlight to help it melt.  She cleaned the whole refrigerator and I helped her put the shelves back in.

About 6pm it started raining hard but it only lasted about 5 minutes.
I understood Vicky and her family were going to come over tomorrow.  Teresa told me that changed because her daughter is pregnant so they’ll come another time.  I know her daughter didn’t just get pregnant last night; meaning they’ve known about that for some time so something else must have changed.

Tony is still aggressive with the other dogs so Teresa decided we would put Peter in the shed out back.  While I picked up Peter, Tony jumped up and tried to get at him.  I thought Peter might bite me in order to get down but he didn’t.  Teresa lit my way with a flashlight.  On the way back I remembered a spider web close to the corner of the finca and Teresa appeared to be walking right into it.  I quickly put my hand out to stop her but I hit her right in the face.  Oops!

I watched some of the Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Bengals game including the ending.  The Steelers were ahead most of the game – 15-0 going into the 4th quarter.  Cincinnati then scored 16 straight points but missed an attempted 2 point conversion.  Cincinnati then intercepted a Ben Roethlisberger pass with about a minute and a half left in the game.  I remember the announcer saying “this game isn’t over yet” and I was thinking “yeah, right”.  I was about to change channels when Cincinnati tried to run for a first down and fumbled and the Steelers recovered with 1:23 left in the game.  They slowly moved down the field finally kicking a winning 35-yard field goal with 14 seconds remaining to win 18-16.

I took 3 sleeping pills at 11:30 and went to bed at midnight.

T-shirt of the day: I love you more than chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment