Thursday, January 7, 2016

Wednesday, January 6th, 2016



Last night I fell asleep rather quickly and didn’t wake up until 7am.  Now that’s a good night’s sleep.  (But why?  Because I took my prostate medicine with my sleeping pills?  Because I waited 45 minutes after taking my sleeping pills?)  Teresa got up about 8am and I followed about 9am.

Teresa talked to the vet and I understand while he’s operating on Tony we’re going to Envigado.  His fee will be 80mil and we will pick him up tomorrow morning.

Teresa called Elizabeth at Direct TV and found out this year’s monthly charge is 109mil.

I received an email reply from MBE.  They agreed I have already paid for December and the email I received was automatically generated.
When we left the finca at 11:25 and since I didn’t see Tony I assumed the vet had already picked him up.  I gave the black dog 2 dog biscuits as we passed.  We had a 10 minute wait for a van to Envigado.  There was a 2 car fender bender in the left lane but it didn’t seem to slow up traffic very much.  

We had lunch at Carbón de Leña.  Teresa had some type of fish and 2 servings of mazamorra while I had my usual start of the month meal – hamburger, fries and Pepsi.  For dessert they didn’t have our usual tiramisu so we had a cup of napoleon.  The total came to 38mil (about $13).
Teresa went to pay the bills and I went to the park to play chess with the agreement we would meet there at 4pm.

After a short wait I played a strong opponent – he won the first game and I won the second.  It was 3:45 so I told him I couldn’t play another game.  Another man asked me to play and I told him only if it was a quick game.  He wasn’t very strong so I didn’t have much trouble winning.  Teresa showed up just before I finished and afterwards we stopped at Nueva eps where Teresa asked them a quick question.

Across the street we stopped at a new Italian restaurant named Moriskos for a drink.  While we shared a juice it started drizzling.  Teresa waited there and I walked a few blocks to Todo Drogas where I picked up my drugs for the month - a package of Tamsulosin for 38,900 and 3 packages of sleeping pills that went up to 63,900 per package.  Soon I should have enough extra sleeping pills that I’ll only need to buy 2 packages each month.

Shortly after I returned to the restaurant it started raining hard.  I understood we were no longer in a hurry.  We ordered a pizza Napolitana to share with a large glass of strawberry juice.  The total came to 22,400 – the restaurant has lasagna, pasta, and waffles, but no entrée over 20mil.

I finished reading The Kommandant’s Girl by Pam Jenoff and started Executive Actions by Gary Grossman.

We stopped at 3 or 4 stores where Teresa checked their umbrella supply.  She finally found one she liked for 15mil.  We got into a taxi but I understand the driver didn’t want to take us to the highway because the traffic was so bad because of the rain.  We walked over to Exito where Teresa bought a package of large plastic bags for us to use as ponchos.  We walked a few blocks away and after about a 10 minute wait we got a taxi to take us to the highway.  During the 15 minutes we waited for a bus it stopped raining.  We took a Fredonia bus so we knew we would be stopping in Caldas.  

We got past the G-dogs undetected and were back at the finca by 8:20.  I was surprised to see Tony there and Teresa told me the vet will pick him up tomorrow – see how I don’t know what’s going on?

I received the following comment from one of my readers regarding my comment about 6 barber shops in a row: It is very common to have entire districts dedicated to sell a specific sort of item. I don´t know about Medellín but in Bogotá you can find districts for books, flowers, lamps, birds, etc. In Cali there is a district for clinics, dental practices, etc. And one where all (but one) universities and private schools (most of them) are.
I appreciate the comment and wish I had more.

Teresa went to bed at 11pm while I stayed up to watch Botched.  I took 2 sleeping pills and my Tamsulosin at 11:30pm and went to bed at midnight.

T-shirt of the day: Whatever.

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blogs. Can you post some pictures? That would be awesome. Also, it would be nice to see how much you spend a typical day, like a sum at the end of your post. Just a suggestion. Have a good day. I cant wait to go to Colombia the end of this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment. The sum for a typical day would be misleading as there isn't a typical day. If there is a particular day you are interested in I would be happy to try to comply. Francisco, where are you now?

      Delete
    2. Hi Terry,
      I think I would be interested more when you guys take a trip, such as Guatape, or anything of that sort. I am currently in Los Angeles, California. My first trip to Colombia was in December of 2013, and I was there for 4 weeks. I really loved it and want to go back. My girlfriend is Colombian, and so we want to go back in December again because I loved the Christmas environment there than compared here in the States that honestly is so boring. I have read all of your blogs and wait for the next one. I am interested in visiting Medellin this year for a few days before going up to the coast. So if you happen to go to some sites there, can you please take some pictures and post them? I love watching them. Thanks, and have a great day.

      Delete