Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Sunday, January 3rd, 2016



Last night I fell asleep quickly and I’m not sure what woke me up at 6am – the barking contest or my full bladder.  While I was up I disconnected my charged cell phone and set the alarm to 7am. 

At 7am Teresa begged to sleep some more so I reset the alarm to 8am.  At 8am she asked to sleep some more so I just went back to sleep.  She got up at 9am and I followed shortly after.

We left the finca at 10:20 and got past the killer dogs.  I think it’s time to stop calling them killer dogs; I think I’ll call them G-dogs - for Guillermo’s dogs.  On the way down the sideroad we saw a large green snake ahead of us but by the time we got to its spot it had already disappeared into the jungle.  While waiting for a bus to Caldas I counted 16 buses on the way to Medellin.  L  After a 25 minute wait a Caldads bus finally stopped for us.
At Merkepaisa Teresa picked up meat, fruits, vegetables and other things.  Walter arrived a few minutes later.

On the way up the hill the “garbage” used to fill in the holes in the sideroad stopped the taxi from proceeding.  He backed up, Teresa and I got out and we walked up to the 2nd turn in the road.  (Btw, because the taxi was stopped on a slope when I got out gravity closed the card door and I think he admonished me for slamming it.)  He was able to get the taxi up to our turn, we got back in and he proceeded the rest of the way up the hill.  Going down only the black dog came out barking at us.

For today’s Bears game I went directly to Slingbox using Google Chrome, did not set it to full screen and managed to see the whole first half without any problem.  I had no other tabs open and didn’t use my iPad at any time.  The Chicago Bears were losing 10-0 at halftime.  I had my traditional hamburger and Pepsi at halftime.  To begin the 2nd half I set the game to full screen and it froze after a couple minutes.  I went back to small screen and finished the game with it only freezing one other time.  The Chicago Bears lost to the Detroit Lions 24-20 but now they have the 11th pick in the 2016 NFL draft.

We finished watching The Punisher (6.5) on Netflix.

I watched some of the Minnesota Vikings vs Green Bay Packers game.

We started watching Side Effects (7.6) on Netflix.

I watched the end of the game – Minnesota won 20-13 vs the Packers!  Yah!

I took 2 sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed at 11:40.

No comments:

Post a Comment