Monday, January 11, 2016

Sunday, January 10th, 2016



I fell asleep quickly only waking up at 6am.  A few minutes later I heard another barking contest for a short time.  I woke up again at 8:30 finally getting up at 9am.

When I came out of the shower Teresa informed me that Vicky and family were coming for a visit today.  I asked her what about her pregnant daughter and was told she went to the pool with her boyfriend.  I understand I will be making waffles for lunch for the 6 of us.

Teresa left the finca about noon to go meet Vicky at the sideroad.  I guess they haven’t been here in a while.  (I found out later it’s been about 5 years.)  I got out a couple dog biscuits to distract Tony and Luna so they wouldn’t follow her.  I didn’t know where Peluche was.  I delayed giving them to them for a few minutes but as soon as I did they both headed up the hill after Teresa.

I went into the bathroom and there were at least 3 bees flying around.  I went outside where I found a few more on the outside near the bathroom window.  When I went back a few minutes later they were gone.  I think maybe they were scouting out locations for a new home and decided this wasn’t for them.

When I looked outside I saw Tony and Peluche but didn’t see Luna.
Teresa came back with Albero, Vicky, Laura, her boyfriend Juan Andres, and Samuel.

Juan speaks very good English and we had a long conversation.  He’s visited Miami, Orlando, Las Vegas and San Francisco.  He learned English on a trip to England.  He works for BMC using an internet connection.  He and Laura, Vicky’s daughter, have been going out for 6 months since they met on a blind date.

Samuel and I played Super Mario Bros and he did well but I still beat him.  Then we played chess and I beat him again a couple times.  Then he plugged in his xBox and we started playing soccer.  He played as Barcelona and I played as the Chicago Fire.  We only played a couple minutes and it was time for lunch.

We had beef, potatoes, salad, and mango juice.  This is the first time I can remember Colombian beef not being hard to chew.

I got a good Slingbox connection and watched the beginning of the Minnesota Vikings vs Seattle Seahawks game and then the Green Bay Packers vs Washington Redskins game.

They all went outside for awhile and cut some plants to take back with them.

It’s 6pm and we are waiting for Laura and then I’m going to make waffles for everyone.

Laura arrived at 6:30 and I made waffles with their choice of vanilla or chocolate ice cream with caramel or strawberry sauce.  

They left at 8:15.  I told them that if they left anything behind they could find it on ebay.  After they left we found a game controller that Samuel left behind.  Lol.

Peluche looks so skinny we should take him to the vet very soon but tomorrow is a holiday and Tuesday Teresa has a dentist appointment so I guess it will be Wednesday.

I watched some of the Golden Globes on USTVNow.com.

I took 2 sleeping pills with my Tamsulosin at 10:30 and went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: Diva is just another word for hustla.

No comments:

Post a Comment