Friday, January 8, 2016

Thursday, January 7th, 2016



I fell asleep quickly and only woke briefly about 7am.  I woke/got up at 8am.

Right after I got out of the shower Teresa informed me there wasn’t any water.  

The vet, Felipe, showed up at 9am.  He’s a nice looking young guy who occasionally says a few words of English.  After a little struggle he managed to control Tony using a blanket and gave him a shot.  Over about 10 minutes Tony stopped struggling, then his legs got heavy, and finally he fell asleep.  The vet stuffed him into a pet carrier and took him down the hill.  

Water came back on at 10am but it was barely trickling.  Maybe the slow water pressure explains why my shower was hotter than usual this morning.
Teresa told me she has to go up the mountain to check on the water tank and she left at 11:30.  She told me she might be gone for a couple hours and she was concerned I won’t have anything to eat.

Since I logged onto my laptop this morning the bottom of the screen has shown a red “x” over the internet connection icon and now I can’t seem to get a good connection.  

Teresa came back 10 minutes later and told me the water is okay now but reported that one of Guillermo’s dogs grabbed Peluche by the neck.

I stirred the tanks and got my internet connection back.

I wrote a review of the new Italian restaurant we visited yesterday – Moriskos – and submitted it to Trip Advisor.  After a few minutes I received an email that they accepted it so that’s my 6th posting for them.

The $99.99 charge for ChessLecture.com still shows up in my checking account as Pending.  I chatted with them online and they said it will fall off in 5 business days so I’ll just wait.

About 1:15 the vet brought Tony back who of course wasn’t feeling so well.  He has a large plastic collar around his head so he won’t lick his wound.  We locked him in the shed to recover without the other dogs bothering him.  I understand we can give him water and start with a little food tomorrow.  The charge for the surgery for Tony was 100mil.

We called our first hotel – Golden Palermo – and they gave us a quote of 187,000 per night including breakfast.  They want a 500,000 deposit on the 3 rooms for 2 nights before the end of the month.  I checked Trip Advisor and, depending on what they use for the currency exchange rate, it seemed to be a little less expensive online in dollars than paying here in pesos.
We went back to check on Tony and I fed him half a bowl of dogfood one piece at a time.  He seemed to gain some strength and soon squeezed out between the bars of the door and hid in an area of the garden.  He came out after about 10 minutes and I picked him up and carried him back to the shed.

A lightning storm came through about 5pm and I had to disconnect everything.  (I think I read that El Niño might be behind the increase in rain we’ve been getting.)  By 6:15 the lightning stopped and the rain disipated enough that I reconnected the wifi.

We finished watching Side Effects on Netflix.

I took 2 sleeping pills with my Tamsulosin at 10:15pm and went to bed at 10:45.

T-shirt of the day: Getting no “message” is also a “message”.

No comments:

Post a Comment