Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Monday, September 7, 2020

 


Happy Labor Day!

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once during the night, again at 5:30, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Shortly after getting up I had a bout of diarrhea. After the 2nd I took 2 pills which should shut me down for a couple days but I’m not going out for my walking exercise this morning. I checked with Glenn and James and they’re fine.

 

Coronavirus cases are rising in 22 of the 50 U.S. states, according to a Reuters analysis, a worrisome trend on a Labor Day holiday weekend traditionally filled with family gatherings and parties to mark the end of summer.

 

A new research study reveals that many recovered coronavirus patients can exhibit lung damage months after the fact.

The study tracked dozens of coronavirus patients who at one time experienced severe COVID-19 symptoms.

Similar to what other studies have found, most coronavirus patients with severe symptoms were older men with pre-existing comorbidities.

The ongoing symptoms that can continue to plague coronavirus survivors are sometimes even quite severe, yet not enough people are talking about this aspect of the disease.

 

President Donald Trump accused the top brass of the Department of Defense of needlessly waging wars to boost the profits of defense contractors during a Labor Day press conference held at the White House.

“I’m not saying the military’s in love with me, the soldiers are, the top people in the Pentagon probably aren’t because they want to do nothing but fight wars so that all of those wonderful companies that make the bombs and make the planes and make everything else stay happy,” Trump argued.

 

Former FDA commissioner Scott Gottlieb shared a new coronavirus update over the weekend, one that included his prediction of a slowdown in the spread of the virus soon.

His prediction is due to the fact that the US has seen so many cases of the virus during the pandemic. The COVID-19 virus will thus soon start having a harder time finding new people to infect.

However, it’s not necessarily news worth celebrating, as Gottlieb points to the fact that more “death and disease” will accompany our move towards that slowdown.

 

I’ve forgotten to report the parcheesi scores lately. I recall we’ve traded wins over the past few days. We finally filled a score sheet with the final score of Teresa 300 wins and I 297. Today I won 7 games to 3.

Teresa left at 5:15 to pick up her thyroid test results at a clinic in Poblado.

Teresa returned at 6:30 with her test results and 5 minutes later it started pouring. It lasted about 45 minutes.

Teresa went over her test results then compared them to here last set and they weren’t only the same the were identical down to the date of the test. Something isn’t right. Maybe the receptionist printed the previous results again?

 

The US has 6,241,869 ð 6,291,045 ð 6,316,331 coronavirus cases with 188,000+ ð 188,700+ ð 189,000+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 658,456 ð 666,521 ð 671,848 cases with 21,615 deaths.  Medellin has 50,942 ð 51,618 ð 52,026 cases, an increase of 407 from September 6th to 7th. Envigado has a total of 2,744 cases, an increase of 14 from September 6th to 7th.

 

Joke of the day

There was a man who worked for the Post Office whose job was to process all the mail that had illegible addresses.

One day, a letter came addressed in a shaky handwriting to God with no address.

He thought he should open it to see what it was about.

The letter read: "Dear God, I am an 83-year-old widow, living on a very small pension. Yesterday someone stole my purse. It had $100 in it, which was all the money I had until my next pension check. Next Sunday is Christmas, and I had invited two of my friends over for dinner. Without that money, I have nothing to buy food with. I have no family to turn to, and you are my only hope. Can you please help me? Sincerely, Edna"

The postal worker was touched.

He showed the letter to all the other workers.

Each one dug into his or her wallet and came up with a few dollars.

By the time he made the rounds, he had collected $96, which they put into an envelope and sent to the woman.

The rest of the day, all the workers felt a warm glow thinking of Edna and the dinner she would be able to share with her friends.

Christmas came and went.

A few days later, another letter came from the same old lady to God.

All the workers gathered around while the letter was opened.

It read: "Dear God, How can I ever thank you enough for what you did for me? Because of your gift of love, I was able to fix a glorious dinner for my friends. We had a very nice day and I told my friends of your wonderful gift.

"By the way, there was $4 missing. I think it must have been those bastards at the Post Office!"

No comments:

Post a Comment