Saturday, September 5, 2020

Thursday, September 3, 2020

 


Quarantine Day #169.

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once during the night, waking at 5:30 and getting up at 6am.

Last night I played 4 games on Chess.com, winning 2 and losing 2. My new rating is 1222.

Teresa left at 6:45 to go to eps to get an appointment to have her thyroid checked.

I left the apt at 7:30 in 65-degree weather. I walked out the back way by the Teresiano High School to Avenida Poblado. I turned south and took a swing around Aymará back across Avenida Poblado and through the little park with the green tunnel. I walked down the hill and past the little church in the park to Avenda Las Vegas. From there north then thru the gas station and back to the apt. I was hoping that would be an hour but it was only 45 minutes.

Glenn texted me about 10am and asked if I wanted to meet him for coffee at Viva Envigado. I said “sure” and we met outside the main entrance at 10:45. We went in to Todo Fresa where we had coffee. James joined us about an hour later. At one point I went upstairs to the food court and saw 3 groups of 3 people sitting at tables so I think it will be ok for Jose and I to play chess there next Tuesday. They left about 1pm and I walked across the street where I met Teresa for lunch at Bocados Bar. It soon started raining and we waited a bit for it to lessen before returning to the apt by 2:45.

It was nice to get out of the apt for a change. I think I can probably stop my self quarantine count now. Hopefully, we won’t have to go through that again.

Today I beat Teresa in parcheesi 6 games to 1.

 

Former Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder (R) has an op-ed in the Detroit Free Press today, arguing that he's still a Republican who'll support GOP candidates up and down the ballot, but he's nevertheless endorsing Joe Biden's Democratic presidential candidacy.

The former governor's endorsement appears designed to coincide with the launch of a larger bipartisan effort. Reuters reported this morning:

Nearly 100 Republican and independent leaders will endorse Democrat Joe Biden for president on Thursday, including one-time 2020 Republican presidential candidate Bill Weld and the former Republican governors of Michigan and New Jersey, people involved in the effort told Reuters.... Called ‘Republicans and Independents for Biden’, the group is headed by Christine Todd Whitman, a former Republican governor of New Jersey who has become one of Trump’s fiercest critics and who spoke at the recent Democratic National Convention in support of Biden.

 

Former Vice President Joe Biden, who calls himself “a kid from Scranton,” has lost his wide lead over President Trump in his native Pennsylvania, where the 2020 presidential race is a dead heat.

The latest Rasmussen Reports poll showed that both are tied at 46%.

And, significantly, said the poll analysis, among the 82% of voters who said that they are “certain” how they will vote, Trump holds a 51%-49% advantage.

Rasmussen is the second poll in two days to show the race in Pennsylvania, a key battleground state, has become a tie. The Monmouth University Poll said Wednesday that Biden had a lead of 1 to 3 points.

 

A poll that predicted a close race between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election shows Democratic nominee Joe Biden holding a commanding lead over the Republican incumbent with just two months left before election day.

The Investors Business Daily and TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence's latest TIPP poll found Biden was backed by 49 percent of registered voters, putting him eight points ahead of Trump on 41 percent support.

According to the pollster's past surveys, Biden held a 7-point lead over Trump at the start of August and a similar 8-point lead at the start of July, meaning his rating in the tracker poll has remained level over the past few months.

 

Polls show Trump and GOP senators losing in Arizona, Wisconsin and North Carolina — states Trump won in 2016

Sen. Martha McSally, R-Ariz., trails retired astronaut Mark Kelly by 17 points in a new Fox News poll that had plenty of bad news for Republicans up for re-election in November.

The poll shows Kelly leading McSally 56-39 among likely voters after another recent poll showed the incumbent Republican losing by 19 points.

 

Harvard Law Professor Laurence Tribe tweeted “I was just testing whether this state can detect voter fraud when I showed up to vote a second time” — is about as good a defense as: “I broke into the bank just to test whether it has a good alarm system.”

 

The US has 6,087,779 ð 6,117115 ð 6,154,383 coronavirus cases with 184,500+ ð 185,200+ ð 186,300+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 624,069 ð 633,339 ð 641,574 cases with 20,618 deaths.  Medellin has 47,937 ð 48,689 ð 48,968 cases, an increase of 278 from September 2nd to 3rd. Envigado has a total of 2,556 cases, an increase of 47 from September 2nd to 3rd.

 

Joke of the day

I picked up a hitchhiker last night.  He seemed surprised that I’d pick up a stranger and asked, “Thanks but why would you pick me up?  How do you know I’m not a serial killer?”

I told him the chances of two serial killers being in the same car must be astronomical.

No comments:

Post a Comment