Saturday, December 17, 2022

Friday, December 16, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10, got up once during the night, waking/getting up at 7am.

Teresa left at 8:15 to go to the Viva Envigado gym then to Caldas to take care of something connected with the finca so I’ll be on my own for breakfast and lunch.

I left at 8:30, took a Gente newspaper I found in the porteria and walked to the mall.

I had my usual breakfast at Habia Una Vez but the croissant and butter were hard and I had ordered a small café not large. It’s the little things that make a difference.

I made an ATM withdrawal then had a latte in Santa Leña. Teresa joined me for a few minutes then received a phone call and left for Caldas.

About 1pm I went upstairs and had a small BBQ beef sandwich with fries and a Coke in Only Roastbeef. It was very tasty, the only downside being when I asked for catsup, they gave me those little plastic packets; either I can’t open them or I make a mess doing it.



Anyway, I’ll be back and next time I’ll bring a pair of scissors and order the large sandwich.

I stopped in Home Center looking for a small length of extension cord with an on off switch. No luck, but I bought a 9-volt battery for 22,900 pesos ($4.75). Is that much more expensive than in the US?

I stopped in El Deportista and tried to open one of their smaller wooden box chess sets, just to have a look. A man came up and he couldn’t open it either. He went behind the desk to get something to pry it open while I tried unsuccessfully to open another. When he showed me the design of the wood pieces I wasn’t impressed.

I had another latte in Todo Fresa then went to Exito where I bought 2 bags of milk, half a dozen apples, and a package of hamburger buns. Outside was a medium sized line for taxis. Passing Ara they have a sign they will be opening tomorrow at 8am. When I informed Teresa she told me something about them giving profits to the poor.

I finished The Bourne Identity (7.9) on MTV, long on action, short on plot compared to the book.

Not only is there more traffic on our side street because of the Ave Poblado lane-closure but now there are long trucks backing into Ara and closing off most of one lane.

I invited Teresa to go for gelato in La Buena Mesa but she said it has too much fat compared to Percimon’s frozen Greek yogurt. She decided it was time to cook the turkey for supper. It’s obvious she doesn’t know how as she’s cutting off the skin and saying there’s too much fat. She informed me we’re out of eggs (I could have bought them today when I was in Exito) so we’re going to have breakfast tomorrow in Los Porteños then she has to go to the notaria (notary) to take care of something for the finca.

Today I got in 5,373 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment