Friday, December 23, 2022

Thursday, December 22, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10, took a while to fall asleep, got up once at 4:15, took a while to fall back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

I received an email from Charles Schwab that they received my international account application – actually yesterday. Their goal is to complete my request within 4 business days. So, this could be ready before the end of the year. 😊

Teresa informed me we are invited to Ricardo’s house for Christmas Eve so she wants to go to Pricesmart to buy a turkey breast, I guess for that get-together. I think we’re going tomorrow afternoon.

I met Marcos at Maca at 10am for coffee. He told me a ride to Parque Tayrona would leave you about 3 miles short of the beach so maybe we should strongly consider Playa Rodedero instead.

I made plans to meet Jerry at Parva at 2pm to deliver the jacket Teresa decorated for his wife.

I received an email from Express VPN that they will be automatically renewing my subscription for $99 on December 28th. I really haven’t used it much so I logged into their website and turned off automatic renewal. If I need it for some special purpose in the future, I can set up a monthly subscription, do what needs to be done (Paypal? Schwab? Amazon?), then cancel it.

I met Jerry at Parva just after 2pm and presented him with the denim jacket Teresa decorated for his wife. He seemed pleased with how it looked. He told me of his experience visiting Santa Marta recently and gave me some advice mostly about El Centro, Parque de los Novios Centro, with its pedestrian walkway with cafes, shops, restaurants, and tours. He recommended an outdoor seafood restaurant named Donde Chucho Gourmet in downtown Santa Marta. I googled it and I think it’s address is Calle 19 #2-17. We’re going to get together again for coffee someday between Christmas and New Years to find out how his wife liked the jacket. Jerry left and I had another café con leche while reading my new chess book.

I keep getting reminders from Talk360 that my balance is nearing zero. I talked to my brother in Chicago until it was zero and I have no intention of replenishing it.

I finished watching the 6 episodes of Harry & Meghan (4.5). It’s a shame what the British tabloids put that couple through. Shame on them!

Today I got in 3,040 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment