Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Monday, December 19, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 5:30.

Teresa left at 8:30 to go to the notary and I was a couple minutes behind her on my way to Eduardo Madrid. I had a latte while solving more forced checkmates in my book. I was surprised how many people there were having sandwiches for breakfast.  About 10:30 it got a little crowded so I gave up my table, bought 2 poppy seed bagels and returned to the apt.

I called Charles Schwab and got my final questions answered regarding completing the International Account application. Tomorrow I’ll print out the utility bill that was emailed to me and by Wednesday I should have everything in the mail and they should receive it by next Monday.

Wow, what an afternoon!

Teresa called just before noon and suggested we have lunch at La Bahia from 12:30 to 1pm. (Hmm! I can get some steps in AND print my utility bill across the street at Auros.) I agreed and left just before 12:30 and walked to the restaurant. MT was there and we had the menu of the day for 15mil each (about $3.25). They left and I went across the street, took this photo of Ikea



and in line at Auros I sent the utility bill to their Whatsapp account. Only problem was it didn’t get sent, probably because I didn’t have an internet connection. I went inside to Urbania cafĂ© where I saw I got connected and it was sent. I had a latte and glass of ice water and completed more forced checkmates from my chess book. I was surprised to hear Auld Lang Syne playing on their music system. I received a text from Nobraskja that they have a package for me. I replied I’ll try to get there this afternoon before their 6pm closing and I have 9-10 document pages I need to send to the US.

I left at 3pm and bought a bag of milk and a jar of decaf coffee in Exito. After paying I realized I hadn’t printed the utility bill. I got in a short line, they found it and printed it in black & white. I walked back to the apt noting it was 3:30 as I walked through the porteria.

As I gathered the documents together, I realized the Tigo/Une bill had my name but not my address, which is required. I hoped maybe Nobraskja could somehow find my address in the email. I walked to Ave Poblado where I found the street under repair from Smartfit to Otra Parte. I walked to the corner and was able to cross in heavy traffic at Otra Parte. I explained my problem to Nobraskja and she asked me to send the email to their address. I had her type in their email address on my cellphone but then she couldn’t find the email on her computer. I couldn’t get a wifi connection until she helped me connect to their wifi. While she was still looking, I saw it in my outbox not having been sent. It turned out she spelled Market as Marker. I sent it again with the correct spelling and she finally found it. She was able to expand it and print it with my address. Whew! I gave her the “cover page” with their address and she informed me they can’t send mail to a POB. I checked the rest of the sentence and they have an “overnight” address at their headquarters. We used that, I paid 120mil for the Fed-Ex envelope, 40mil for my book and she said it should be there by Wednesday. I returned to the apt and jumped into the shower to cool off.

I watched the 2nd episode of the TV series Harry & Meghan on Netflix.

For supper I ordered chicken wings from Rocket Wings.

Today I got in 7,393 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment