Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/ getting up at 6:15.

I walked to the mall and met Jose at the entrance. He informed me that Habia Una Vez was closed for a private party. We went to Al Alma and I had a bowl of granola with Greek yogurt and strawberry and banana slices. It was good but more expensive than our usual breakfast.

Upstairs I had the White pieces in the first game and he blundered a rook on his 44th move and resigned.

In the 2nd game with the Black pieces he allowed me to fork his queen and bishop on my 16th move and he resigned. It’s been a long time since I’ve won both games against him. As usual we reviewed both games before he left.

I went to Only Roastbeef where I had my usual medium combo of BBQ roast beef sandwich with fries and a Coke.

I went downstairs to Todo Fresa where I had a latte while reading more of my new chess book. I walked back to the apt and Teresa informed me her massage girl didn’t show for her appointment today.

Yesterday I taught Teresa the sequence to delete photos in her cellphone. Now she’s been doing that while complaining about all the photos (shoes, dresses, selfies) Laura has sent her this year.

At 4:15 a drizzle started but didn’t last long.

I was just looking at the spreadsheet for my USAA account and they haven’t charged me the 1% Foreign Transaction Fee since mid-November. 😊

My son sent me a $100 Amazon gift card for Christmas.

Teresa’s not sure we’re going to Guatape for New Year’s Eve. She’s afraid with all the noise from celebrating (4am? 5am?) I won’t be able to sleep.

My shoulder is much better. I can raise it without any discomfort although that’s still without lifting any weights. I’ll wait until next week before I ease that back in.

To summarize my health “procedures” the past few years:

·     April, 2019 my PSA was 3.26.

·     January, 2020 my PSA was 3.48.

·     September, 2020 my PSA was 6.57.

·     March, 2021 my PSA was 8.82.

·     April/May, 2021 my Prostate Biopsy ($165) was determined ($50) to be adenocarcinoma.

·     June 28, 2021, I had a Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy & Umbilical Hernia Repair ($4,341).

·     February 21, 2022, I had a Laparoscopic Ventral Hernia Repair ($4,300).

That was all paid out of pocket. Each of the PSA tests were approximately $20. Previous to the above I had a Prostate Biopsy using my insurance here and the cost was approximately $5, although it took a few months to happen. Today I’m still recovering strength from the pandemic (no gym) and hernia repair surgery and still leaking from the latter.

 

Today I got in 4,784 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment