Sunday, December 4, 2022

Saturday, December 3, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm and got up once at 4:45. When I came back from the bathroom, I heard a dump truck backing up next door (beep, beep, beep) then the sound of someone throwing something into the empty bed (thud, thud, thud). Still, I fell back asleep rather quickly and finally woke/got up at 8am.

Teresa informed me we’re back to wearing masks again in public places. Ugh! Maybe that explains why I saw a few people wearing them the past few days.

Workers next door are assembling a scaffold that reaches the roof, close enough I could spit on them.



The men are now welding a big piece of metal shaped like a ‘P’ to the closest corner of the roof. They then welded a ‘P’ to the farthest corner of the roof. Now they have another ‘P’ a third of the way in. I think they may be building supports for a sign.

From the comfort of my recliner, I watched the US lose to the Netherlands 3-1 in World Cup competition.

I left the apt at 2pm and it looks like they created a second entrance into the new store but it’s only about 6 feet deep. At Los Portenos I had a latte while finishing my new chess book. (I didn’t see anyone wearing a mask.) About 50 yards away I could barely see a TV screen in another restaurant. It appears Messi scored the first goal for Argentina and they scored a second goal. I heard the final was Argentina 2, Australia 1.

It was interesting to see again a golden Labrador walking with its owner carrying its leash in its mouth. A gringo sat down on the low wall across from me. About 10 minutes later Brett came out with his son and introduced me to Erin. Later the golden lab came by alone looking lost and at the end of the sidewalk I saw it obviously reunited with its owner. I left about 4:30 and returned to the apt.

I’m trying to figure out how the battery case Laura gave me works. I have a Samsung Galaxy A52 and the “battery case” is a WY-010 Power Bank. I removed the old case from my cellphone and replaced it with the case attacked to the Power Bank. Now I’m not sure if I 1. Connect the battery case to the cellphone then charge the battery case or 2. Charge the battery case then connect it to the cellphone.  I looked at a couple Youtube videos on how a Power Bank works and I think I first charge the Power Bank then connect it to the cellphone as a case. Interestingly, my regular cellphone charger didn’t fit into the power bank slot so I borrowed the cable for the battery I use to charge Teresa’s cellphone and connected it to my computer. A light on the back of the power bank is flashing so I hope that means it’s charging. I can charge my cellphone in about 90 minutes; we’ll see how long it takes to charge this battery case.

I suggested to Teresa tomorrow we have breakfast in Hija Mia then take a Didi to Viva Envigado where we can buy a blender in Home Center and return to the apt by taxi in time for me to see my 1pm Bears game.

8:15 at night and I could see the guys still welding in the dark.

When I went to bed at 10pm (4 hours later) the battery case had 2 steady lights and a third one flashing.

Today I got in 1,260 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment