Sunday, December 18, 2022

Saturday, December 17, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10, got up once during the night, again at 4am (I saw lights on next door and a paint bucket just outside the doorway), 4:30 I got up and took another allergy pill (next door the bucket was missing and I heard a voice and soon an owl hooting), 5am gave up getting back to sleep (4 men outside and a Fridge King truck pulled up probably to unload cold items like milk).

I noticed a young man and woman outside in orange t-shirts. I fell asleep on the recliner for about an hour. When Teresa woke me, I went back to bed but with the celebration next door I couldn’t fall asleep.



I gave up and got up at 8:15 and took my shower. I left at 8:45 and ordered breakfast for both of us in Los Porteños. I realized I forgot to bring my cellphone. Drat! Teresa arrived 20 minutes later just before her food arrived. The Croatia vs Morocco World Cup match for 3rd place started at 10am. I understand the Argentina vs France championship match will be tomorrow at 10am. She left to go to the notary then she’s going to the beauty shop so I will be on my own for lunch today.

On my way back to the apt I took a quick stroll through the new Ara market. It looked like a larger Tienda D1 but was very busy having a number of opening discounts. They don’t have our preferred brand of eggs but they do have our milk and Teresa’s arepas which might come in handy.

I left the apt at 10:45 and walked to the mall. I made an ATM withdrawal then waited in a short line to pay the epm utility bill. I went to Urbania café where I had a latte and a glass of water with ice. I spent some time going through one of my older books, 1500 Forced Mates.

For grins I checked The Weather Channel and found this



I went up to the 3rd floor where I had the same roast beef sandwich, fries and Coke as yesterday but this time I had remembered to bring my portable scissors so I could open the ketchup packets.

I left the mall proper and saw a line for taxis and it was pouring rain. I went into Exito where I bought a large carton of eggs to carry with my right hand and a 6-pack of Coke for my left. Back outside the rain had lessened but the line was longer. I got behind a woman with a shopping cart that wasn’t even half full. The line was moving slow so I put the eggs on the floor with the Coke on top and shoved it with my foot whenever the line moved. The woman in front soon invited me to put things in her cart. (This is common on buses when someone is standing holding stuff a seated person will offer to hold their things.) I accepted and am glad I did because it was at least a 20-minute wait for my taxi.

My taxi driver hadn’t reset the meter but I guess it was broken and I simply gave him the usual 6mil before I got out.

I watched Atonement (7.8) on Netflix.

Tigo/Une texted me my new bill of 121,835 pesos for December and I have until January 7th to pay it.

Teresa finally returned and left again to meet her sister and nieces at Olivia’s in La Buena Mesa. Again, I’m invited but since it’s all ladies I, as a man and especially a gringo, would be expected to pick up the check.

I watched the movie Mirage (7.4) on Netflix.

I watched a couple videos on Youtube about how to set up and use a chess repertoire on Chessbase then started the process of setting up one for the Scandinavian defense.

Today was the worst day I’ve had when it comes to leaking. This morning I had skipped doing my Kegel exercises because we were in a hurry to go to breakfast. I’m glad it happened because it tells me how important it is to do my Kegel exercises. And MAYBE if I start doing them three times a day instead of just twice I can finally beat this thing.

Today I got in 3,756 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment