Thursday, December 15, 2022

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, waking/getting up at 6:45. It’s not raining now but the streets are wet so we must have gotten some overnight.

All the refuse that was in front of the store (ARA) next door is gone so it might be opening soon. I wonder if these owners used to own the Tienda D1 that just closed.

I’ve been having a sesame bagel lately for breakfast but it often is a little too toasted. I started turning down the dial so it wouldn’t be too crunchy but it doesn’t seem to improve. Teresa finally confessed she’s been toasting it twice because it didn’t seem to be crunchy enough, so we’ve been working against ourselves. I turned the dial up, told her to just toast it once and also reminded her that there’s a button on the toaster specifically for bagels and she replied, “oh, yeah?”.

I understand Teresa is going to the Bancolombia in Viva Envigado to put the finca money into a 6-month CD. I also understand when she takes the cash out they will charge her, as she said 4 per 1000, or 0.4%.

I met Marcos at Maca at 10am. He gifted me a tamal his Venezuelan girlfriend made. He soon left because he was having some intestinal problem. I went inside to finish my latte and completed another hour of chess tactics.  I went next door to $efecty where I paid the Direct TV bill.

I returned to the apt. Teresa called me at 1:15 and we agreed to meet for lunch at La Bahia at 2pm. I walked there and timed it at 13 minutes. We had just finished eating when Teresa noticed her mother walking by. She wasn’t hungry but they went somewhere and I walked across the street to the mall. This is what the Ikea construction looks like now. It's larger than I first thought.



Just for grins I went up to the food court and it was packed for the France vs Morocco soccer, or as they say futból match. I went down to the first floor where I had a latte in Urbania. I left about 4pm and walked back to the apt.

This is what Ara looks like now:



France beat Morocco 2-0 so the championship will be between Argentina and France.

I keep trying to watch the last episode of The Looming Tower but it keeps freezing/buffering.

Teresa didn’t care for the ground beef tamal (it isn’t Colombian style) but I thought it was okay.

Workers are putting up the scaffolding again in the same corner location nearest us.

Today I got in 5,541 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment