Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday, April 14th, 2014



Last night I found a “june bug” on one of my t-shirts that was hanging up to dry.  I just knocked it off, squashed it and threw it out the window.

I found 2 more of those small caterpillar like critters lying dead under the plant I sprayed.  That probably means I didn’t spray them directly and later they ate sprayed leaves.  I sprayed the whole plant again; we’ll see if more bodies appear.

I went to bed at 10pm, the 3rd time I got up at 3am I took 2 Excedrin Migraine, had a little trouble getting back to sleep, woke up at 6:20am and got up at 7:20am.  I feel good this morning, however.

Again this morning I saw 2 of those small green parrots on the telephone line outside my apartment.

Today I have to print, sign and fax that 8879 Tax Signature form.  Also I have to cut up those regular verbs so I can start studying them.  I want to be careful of what I eat today so I can get sufficient sleep tonight and feel my best tomorrow.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  I took my flash drive over the Internet Café and printed out my “to do” list that I need to follow to print the Form 8879 from my Hotmail account and Fax it back to the States.  The first part was easy.  But we attempted to fax it at 10:22, 10:30, and 10:32.  The first 2 times we got a busy signal but the 3rd time might have worked.  

By the time I got back to the apartment I felt like I needed another shower.  I found a note from Marcela that said “Gracias por querer explicarme!  Cuando gustes lo acordamos” which Google translates to “Thanks for wanting to explain!  Whenever you like we agreed”.

I slipped a note under her door that said how about 7pm tonight.

Vickie informed me that they didn’t receive my signed tax form but she allowed me to take a photo of it with my iPad and I emailed it to her from my laptop.

I went to LM and it was very busy probably because of the holiday.  

For lunch I ate at El Comedor de Chava because the only table I could find was way in that corner.  For something different I tried their Solomito but I didn’t order it correctly and got pork instead of beef.

It took a few hours but I eventually cut up all 200 verbs, folded them and put them in a plastic bag.

As I was on my 2nd bottle of cold water, I decided to move back to the main part of the mall hoping to also catch a little more breeze as the afternoon got warmer.    I saw Dario and I helped him with his English assignment and he helped test me on my Spanish verbs.  I didn’t do very well.  

Dario left at 3:30 and I finished cutting up my verbs.  Paula walked by, with an attractive young man, and said “hi”.  They weren’t holding hands so I don’t know who that was with her.  When I checked her out after she walked by I didn’t see the big thighs I remembered from before.  Now I’m really confused.  Is this Paula or not?  When did Paula become not Paula?  I’m going to have to check that out.  Dario came back again briefly and reminded me they are having a chess tournament in their building over 2 weeks starting next Monday, April 21st.  He also wants me to bring my chess set.

Dinner was the Fruit Special again at Almibar.  I’m not sure if one of the ladies there is interested in me or not.  All I know is the same lady always brings me my order.

I was back at the apartment by 6pm and I had a note from Marcela.  She wanted to get together at 5pm.  I slipped her a note apologizing for my being later and I understood she would probably want to make it another time.

I thought I felt something on my leg and it was a 1 inch lizard.  It only took me a minute to catch it and put it back outside.

T-shirt of the day: Dept. of Redundancy Department.

No comments:

Post a Comment