Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Safety in Bogota

On the topic of safety, I got robbed tonight by 3 men. 2 got away with my IPhone and transmilenio card, the other one made it away with a broken jaw. What I would give to have been able to catch up to them.

After watching Noah tonight, I decided to walk a bit. Bad idea!! 3 men jumped out of the shadows, grabbed me, held a knife to me and took my cell phone. What they didn't know is that I carry brass knuckles (habit from growing up in the hood). The 2 who had knives took off running so fast leaving their cohort all alone in front of me. Well as it turns out he wasn't able to get away like his buddies. I cracked him one so hard I'm sure I broke his jaw. If you see someone with their jaw wired together walking around, remind him it's not nice to steal.

I was walking around Caracas and Jimenez about 8pm.  Apparently I was unaware that this area is full of drug dealers, thiefs, and prostitution at night. My buddy owns a business there and I wanted to go see his store.  It happened so fast that the incident must have been less than 45 seconds. 3 men I didn't pay any attention to who were sitting in the shadows just grabbed my arms. The one in front of me had a knife to me while he reached into my pockets and kept saying "el celular". And here in Bogota it is fairly easy to find self defense items. I just prefer the knuckles since I have some boxing and MMA training. But in the store I got them in I did see stun devices, batons, and mace. I am injury free and that is the important thing. Most of these punks don't want any confrontation so they say the best thing to do is just comply. I'm too much of a hot head not to fight back though. I guarantee the money he receives for my Iphone 5 will not cover his hospital bill. I hope his 2 friends are nice enough to help him out with those bills since they left him there to be knocked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment