Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sunday, April 27th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11:15, got up twice during the night, woke up at 6:30 and got up at 7:30.

I had my usual buffet breakfast at the hotel.  Instead of fresh fruit they had something called Salpicon (per Wikipedia):
Salpicon and salpicón (meaning "hodgepodge" or "medley" in Spanish) are terms used for preparations of one or more ingredients diced or minced and bound with a sauce or liquid.  In Colombia "salpicon" refers to a sweet snack.  In fact it's like a fruit salad in a glass.  You peel the fruit (watermelon, papaya, banana, apple, melon, or pear) then cut it in cubes, and combine all the fruit in a bowl, add water, sugar (optional).  Refrigerate for 2 hours.  Serve it in a glass, you use a teaspoon to pick the fruit and drink the liquid.

Harry joined me about 10:30.  He wants to go check out El Poblado next Saturday and I told him I’ve got a date with Teresa to go there and of course he gave me a hard time about that.  He mentioned again about a new law where you have to pay maids something like 50mil a month towards their retirement.  He is going to look further to find the details for me.

Back at the apartment I got caught up on yesterday’s blog entry and posted it.  I noticed Friday’s posting had almost 20 views – probably people trying to access Saturday’s post that I was late with.  I also received an email address from someone wanting me to contact them so I sent a quick note.

I’ve thought about including my blog with Expat Exchange but I understand somehow I have to also advertise them so I haven’t done anything about that as yet.

I forgot to mention yesterday that as I was getting ready for my date, the glass shelf came off its support in the bathroom.  Luckily I caught it so it didn’t break.  I sent Margarita and email informing her of the problem.

This has been an expensive month: 430,000COP Chess Table (final payment), 400,000COP Spanish lessons, 544,900COP Refrigerator, $33 Federal Tax Payment, $136 Tax Accountant, $300 AFA mail forwarding charges, $41 LAC 3 month Gold Membership; 160,000COP for Urologist.  Next month I have the blood test and ultrasound.

Tonight I just made some popcorn with butter and salt and had that with a couple of small cold Cokes and watched a couple movies on Netflix.

T-shirt of the day: I have nothing to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment