Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday, April 13th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 9pm (eyes felt overly tired), got up 4 times during the night (maybe I took my medicine too early), and finally woke/got up at 7:15.

It’s Palm Sunday here; probably in the states too; not sure about the Orthodox Christians though.

As I left the apartment I slipped a note under Marcela’s door, in Spanish, asking when she would like a chess lesson.

I had my usual breakfast buffet at the hotel and while I was there I lifted a couple packets of butter to use to make popcorn tonight.  Then I stopped at Exito.  I told the lady at the Customer Service desk I don’t speak much Spanish and I wanted to buy a refrigerator today.  While waiting I saw where you dispose of used batteries.  She made a call and in a few minutes Jimmy showed up.  His English was near perfect.  Both of the Mabe refrigerators I considered are Mexican made and are not frost free.  I bought a Mabe 210 liter refrigerator for 544,900 pesos (appr. $275).  (It’s nice that the 16% tax is already included in the price.)  I was able to put it on my Debit card without any problem and delivery is scheduled for Tuesday, April 22nd.  Jimmy cautioned me to be sure to check the refrigerator out real well when they deliver it before I sign for it.

I went back to LM and spent about 2 hours copying my Spanish vocabulary from my little pocket notebook into my larger notebook.  One interesting dish you can order here is called Salchipapas.  “Papas” means potatoes and it consists of French fries with slices of sausage (hot dogs?) on top with 3 small hard boiled quail eggs skewered with toothpicks.  Harry never showed up while I was there.

I had my usual pizza at Pizza Americana.  While I was there one of the boys came out and gave me a small pastry from a bag of them he had.

I got an email from my tax accountant.  I owe $33 in federal taxes and $136 for tax preparation.  Tomorrow I have to go to an internet store, log into my Hotmail email account, print out a form, sign it and fax it to my accountant.

T-shirt: “Boys are like parking spaces, all the good ones are taken.”

No comments:

Post a Comment