Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wednesday, April 9th, 2014



I went to bed at 11pm, got up at 3:30, fell back asleep within 30 minutes, got up at 5am and woke/got up at 6:30.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  This time I took the metal mug that I brought from the States with me and had Lucas put my coffee in it to keep it warm.  Harry stopped by and started apologizing for not calling me yesterday.  (He always has a reason not to call!)  I gave him a hard time for walking past me without saying “hi”.  He certainly wouldn’t have missed me if I was a beautiful woman!  We made plans to meet at LM at 3pm Friday to go look at furniture on Avenida 80.  

The juice stand was closed so I just continued on to Jhon’s office.
Today we practiced the meaning of the regular verbs.  I had him remove some from the list: I don’t think I’m going to need verbs like “to fence in”.  

Back at the apartment I had a short email from Luz.  The only thing I understood is that she lives near downtown Medellin.

I also had an email from an old friend, Tim, with whom I graduated high school.  I had questioned him about a year ago about whether there would be a 50th high school reunion in 2014 and he never answered so it was good to finally hear from him.

Outside I heard some unusual squawking and I saw 2 small green parrots sitting on the telephone line just as 2 others were arriving.  I hadn’t seen them here before; only in pet shops.

I left the apartment about 1:30 and had a Whopper Jr., small fries, small Pepsi at BK for 10,700 (with coupon).  By 2pm I left for my 3:30 appointment with the opthamologist.  I had checked the map and if I got off at Calle 5 I could walk up the hill to Calle 5A and then on up to Calle 7 where the doctor’s office is.  The problem I had is that I never saw any street sign for Calle 5 or anything near it so I ended getting off at Calle 10 as I usually do.  I walked up the street to Avenida El Poblado, turned south to Calle 7 and walked 1 block east to the office.  To find the proper street to get off the bus at I’m going to have to try going in the opposite direction once to see where it comes out at Avenida Las Vegas.

Doctor Montoya took me a few minutes early and spoke good English.  

Besides the usual tests I would get annually she tested my tear level.  Where the normal reading is a 10 I only got a 2 so I guess I’m generating only 20% of the tears I should be, so “yes” I have very dry eyes.  She said it's going to be a chronic condition for me but she gave me 2 prescriptions for eye drops, the first I think was an anti-inflammatory that I only take twice a day for 2 weeks and the second I take at the same time to help relieve the dryness.  I mentioned seeing a GP about my enlarged prostate problem and she promised to email me the name of a urologist.  She also dilated my pupils and when I left I was REAL glad I had my sunglasses with me.

At Ovideo I bought my ticket for Noah for 5,500, small popcorn for 7mil and large soda for 5,100.  I had to sit through the same 2 boring short films.  L  There were about 2 dozen people in the theater with me so even thought I sat on the end as usual I had other people in my row.  My vision cleared enough by the start of the main feature that I could take off my sunglasses.  I didn’t quite finish my soda and I was glad that I didn’t have to make a trip to the restroom.  I was out by 7:30, walked down the street to Avenida Las Vegas and by 7:45 I was on the Circular 303 bus.  There were a few seats available and I took one all the way in the back because there were lights on there and I could read my Nook book even though it was rather bouncy being over the rear axles.  I was at Viva CC by 8:20 so traffic was good.

Back at the apartment I see that I have an email from Teresa and a letter from Rubi.  More on that tomorrow, it’s late and I want to get this posted

No comments:

Post a Comment