Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday, April 4th, 2014



Last night I sent an email to Luz Amparo reminding her that we will no longer have a professional translating and interpreting our letters.  I told her how important it is to write in short sentences, spell correctly and use periods.

I got a reply from her telling me she isn’t concerned about having to use a translator to communicate.  She wants to meet me for coffee during the holy week of Easter – Monday, April 14th to Saturday the 19th

I wrote back and told her that I’m looking forward to meeting her and I would let her pick the time and place.  

I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night and woke/got up at 6:15.

I received another email from Luz and she wants to meet any time Tuesday or Wednesday, April 15th or 16th and she would let me pick the location.
I told her maybe we could meet for lunch instead of just coffee at Mall de Laureles.  (I would like a better idea of what kind of foods she eats because she mentioned she eats healthy and I want to know if that means something unusual – at least to me.)

Most of today’s Spanish class had to do with the rules as to where to put the accent mark in a word.  My rational being is fighting this because, and he agreed, you don’t need to show an accent mark if you already know how to pronounce the word.  Then I played devil’s advocate and told him then you should put an accent mark on every word so you know how it’s pronounced.  Sigh!

T-shirt: Rock Loves Me.

I checked the USA new movie releases and the only one that sounds interesting is Afflicted (6.6).  I see Captain America: The Winter Soldier was just released and it’s been playing here for weeks already.

Locally, I would like to see Noah playing at Ovideo, SantaFe and Viscaya and The Best Offer at Viscaya.

I took a Circular Sur 302 bus to Monterrey and then caught a Laureles 132 bus that took me up as far as Parque Laureles but then it turned so I got off.  At least it took me halfway to my goal.  I walked the rest of the way to Viscaya and bought a ticket to the 2:50 showing of The Best Offer (7.9) for 6mil, a small popcorn for 7mil and large soda for 5,100.  There were only 4 other people in the theater.  It was a good movie with a twist at the end.
Afterwards I walked down the hill to Avenida Las Vegas and took a Circular 303 bus back home.  Thankfully, this time it only took about 50 minutes.

I had time to stop at the apartment before heading over to Dario’s building.  There was an email from Margarita telling me that her dad would be at my apartment tomorrow morning at 8am.  On the way I stepped in some dog S#*T and did my best to clean most of it off.

I got there on time and today there were 4 kids aged 10-14 and later Dario’s dentist friend stopped by with her husband.  We finally broke up about 9pm.
On the way back to my apartment I found a wooden popsicle stick that I used to do a better job of cleaning my shoe.

I see I have another email from Luz – more about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment