Saturday, November 2, 2019

Friday, November 1, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up once about 2pm, again at 6am, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I completed my limited set of exercises in an hour and 10 minutes.  I weighed in today and I’m 79.2 kilos (175#), right where I was back in February, so I’ve gained back the 4 pounds I’ve lost.  I wonder why?  Is it because we’re eating more bread?  Is it because I’m eating calentao on Sunday mornings instead of walking Ciclovia?

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Terminator: Dark Fate (6.5) and The Irishman (8.5).

Locally, I would like to see Terminator: Dark Fate (6.5) and A Rainy Day in New York (6.9).

Juan had given me his password to Chess24.com and asked me to watch some of their videos.  Today I watched the introductory video for The London System.

After I came out of the shower I found that we no longer have internet.  Half an hour later it was working again.

I left the apt at 12:20 and met Chuck outside El Tepito.  He said he was buying so I told him he should choose the restaurant.  He said he felt bad about taking my 50mil for the Bears loss to the Saints so I should choose the restaurant.  I chose Empire’s Pizza but when we got there it was closed.  Chuck suggested Na Pizza so we walked the additional block.  They had a pizza special, a Margarita (or Pineapple) pizza plus drink for 19,900 pesos.  We each ordered one and it came as a large 8-slice pizza.  It was good too but I could only eat 4 slices.

Afterwards, I walked downtown Envigado with Chuck then he continued on to La Mesa where he was going to buy a lamp.  I went to Todo Drogas where I bought my medications for the month.  I stopped at my usual ATM where I withdrew a large number of 50s.  I went into Bancolombia and took my number and I was called by the time I arrived at the waiting room.  Since they started their new turn system they seem to prioritize giros (sending and receiving money).

I walked to Prava where I had a cafĂ© con leche.  I returned to the apt at 4pm.

Teresa called at 7 and informed me they are having trouble catching a taxi.  I told her to call me when they are finally in one and I would change my clothes and meet them at the Porteria.  She called me back at 7:30 and I changed clothes and went down to the porteria.  They arrived 5 minutes later and we continued on to Antica Pizza.  Her friend’s name is Olga, a name I have heard here before although I always thought it was more of a Russian name.
After we finished our pizza, we walked 3 blocks to her house on the 2nd floor above a bar with a busy street outside.  She has a nice balcony.  And a cat who we saw walk on the railing.  I told her that this is dangerous for her cat when they try to catch a bird they can fall.  Olga said the cat’s already fallen twice.

We left there at 10:15 and quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

11,830 steps today.

Joke of the day
Two cannibals, a father and son, were elected by the tribe to go out and get something to eat. They walked deep into the jungle and waited by a path. 
Before long, along came this little old man. The son said, "OOh dad, there's one." 
"No," said the father. "There's not enough meat on that one to feed the dogs. We'll just wait." 
Well, a little while later, along came this really fat woman. The son said, "Hey dad, she's plenty big enough." 
"No," the father said. "We'd all die of a heart attack from the fat in that one. We'll just wait." 
About an hour later, here comes this absolutely gorgeous woman. The son said, "Now there's nothing wrong with that one dad.  Let's eat her."
"No," said the father. "We'll not eat her either." 
"Why not?" asked the son. 
"Because we're going to take her back alive and eat your mother."

No comments:

Post a Comment