Monday, November 11, 2019

Sunday, November 10, 2019


Last night we went to bed at 10:30, I woke up once at 6:15, finally getting up at 7am.

I left the apt at 8am, walked up to Avenida Poblado, crossed the Ciclovia lane and after a 5 minute wait caught an Envigado bus to Poblado.  It was only 8:20 as I exited the bus at Calle 9 so I walked up to the park.  I was at the hotel by 8:30 and Glenn arrived 15 minutes later.

We chatted about our Medellin experiences for almost 2 hours but the brunch was nothing special.  For 49mil you got eggs cooked to your taste, juice, coffee, and you help yourself to a few different pastries and cereals.

John Heath sent me a Donald Trump video that is the funniest thing I’ve seen and heard in years.

We left and stopped at Patrick’s to inquire about Thanksgiving dinner.  One of the waitresses gave me their business card with their email and telephone number.  The Bears game starts at 11:30 so I guess we’ll be having an early dinner.

We took a taxi to the metro and I got off at the Ayura station and he continued on to Sabaneta.

I was back at the apt by noon for my 1pm Bears game.

The portero delivered our utility bill for October.

We got some rain from about 2pm to 3pm.

The Bears beat the Lions 20-13.

We had a little more rain in the evening.  Teresa wrapped herself in a blanket and declared she was cold but I was still comfortable in my shorts and sleeveless t-shirt.

Teresa informed me she has a friend going to the US so
Teresa wants to go shopping with her tomorrow in Mayorca.  I texted Chuck if he wants to meet for lunch and afterward I might see a movie at 3pm in Viva Envigado.

It was still raining when we went to bed at 10:45.

4,664 steps today.

Joke of the day
Jose and Carlos are panhandlers that panhandle in different areas of town.
Carlos panhandles just as long as Jose but only collects $2-3 every day.
Jose brings home a suitcase FULL of $10 bills every day, drives a Mercedes, lives in a mortgage-free house and has a lot of money to spend.
One day, Carlos asked Jose: "I work just as long and hard as you do, but how do you bring home a suitcase full of $10 bills every day?"
"Look at your sign, what does it say?" replies Jose.  
Carlos' sign reads: "I have no work, a wife and six kids to support."
Jose says: "no wonder you only get $2-3." 
'Carlos says: "So what does your sign say then?"
Jose shows Carlos his sign - it reads: "I only need another $10 to move back to Mexico".

No comments:

Post a Comment