Thursday, November 28, 2019

Wednesday, November 27, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once at 6:15, fell back asleep, waking/getting up at 8am.

My wrist is sore again so I’ll probably skip gym this morning.

I left the apt at 9:30 and walked to the mall.  First I recycled a vitamin bottle then walked inside to Exito.  I ran into Dora, Edwin’s wife, returning a Christmas tree.  I would have invited her for coffee but I had an errand to run.  In the electronics department I asked a young man if anyone there spoke English.  He said Estaban (that’s what it sounded like) does but he doesn’t start work until 11am.

I went to Home Center looking for a simple wall tap but they didn’t have exactly what I was looking for.

I went to Todo Fresa where I had a café con leche and solved some more chess puzzles until 11:30.

I returned to Exito and I found the same young man who introduced me to Sebastian.  His English was good and he helped answer a few of my questions about the new TV.

I returned to the apt.

I ordered a set of wall taps and a couple of other things from Amazon.  I’m glad I got that order in before the Thanksgiving rush.

I managed to get Netflix installed on the TV.

I left the apt at 2:45 and when I arrived at Parva Juan was already there.  We spent 2 hours practicing Spanish.  I learned he’s an English instructor for a company (or companies) and he’s 37 years old.

About 4:30 it started getting busy and thus noisy in the café so we agreed to try meeting earlier next week.

After he left I stayed another hour and had another café con leche and solved a few more chess puzzles.

On the way back to the apt I picked up milk at Exito.

Our new couch was delivered at 5pm and I’m so glad we didn’t order a larger one.

Today the currency exchange closed at 3,506 Colombian Pesos to the US Dollar, an all time high.

I downloaded the LG TV App to our cellphones which allows them to be used as remote controls.

7,803 steps today.

Joke of the day
A couple of elderly men were venting their frustrations about the woes of modern technology.
"I just can't ever seem to remember my darn passwords," grumbled one of them.
The other one smiled. "Oh really? I can never forget mine!"
"How do you manage it?" asked the first guy curiously.
"Well, I simply set all my passwords to 'Incorrect' so that whenever I'm told that my password is incorrect, I'll remember it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment