Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up at 12:30 and 5am, didn’t think I was going to be able to fall back asleep but finally woke/got up at 7:15.

I left the apt and met Nigel at Amati at 9:30.  The owner arrived a few minutes later and opened the café.  We each ordered a café con leche and his came hot but mine arrived completely cold.  They remade it and it was finally hot.  We talked for 3 ½ hours.  He was born in England and brought to the US when he was 5.  He was in the marines in Vietnam and lived in NY and California.  We obviously have very different beliefs. He loaned me a USB drive with lots of music files.

Teresa called me at 1pm and I returned to the apt.  For lunch we had fajitas and for the first time she made it with ground beef.

After lunch we went to Euro and bought groceries.

4,154 steps today.

Joke of the day
With all the new technology regarding fertility, an 88-year-old woman was able to give birth to a baby recently.
When she was discharged from the hospital and went home, various relatives came to visit. "May we see the new baby?" one of them asked.
"Not yet", said the mother. "I'll make coffee and then we can visit for a while."
Another half hour passed before another relative asked, "may we see the new baby now?"
"No, not yet," said the mother.
A while later the guests asked again, "may we see the baby now?"
"No, not yet," replied the mother.
Growing impatient, they asked, "well, when can we see the baby?"
"When it cries!" she told them.
"When it cries?" they gasped. "Why do we have to wait until it cries?"
"Because, I forgot where I put it." 

1 comment:

  1. The pleasure was all mine, Terry.
    I look forward to future chats with you.

    ReplyDelete