Friday, November 22, 2019

Thursday, November 21, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:15, got up 2-3 times during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

My wrist is still sore just not as painful as when I went to bed.  I’m thinking I might have hurt it while doing my arm curls yesterday at the gym.  I’ll have to be more careful not to bend my wrist during that exercise.

I found that the new songs I copied to iTunes don’t work unless I have the thumbdrive plugged in.  Obviously I need to do more than a simple “copy” and “paste” to get it to work.

I texted Carlos and we’re going to meet at 10am this morning.  We had the lesson and I learned he will be in Moscow for the tournament in January.  He’s going to correct some of my homework and leave it with our porter.  I asked him to write me the details about his tournament so I can follow his progress.  We will be resuming our lessons around February 20th.

My wrist is so sore I can’t even hold a spoon normally I have to grip it like a small child.

I left the apt at 1:45 and walked to the mall.  First I recycled a pill bottle then bought a ticket for 12,000 pesos to Ford vs Ferrari (8.3).  As expected I was almost alone in the theater.  This was my 35th visit to Cine Colombia this year so I’m now qualified to renew my Platinum card for next year.

I stopped in Regatta and bought a ticket for my brother to a beer festival being held in Jardin de Botanico next February 1st.  As I was leaving the store I was pretty sure I heard the Muzak playing White Christmas.

Outside the mall I saw the Encicla station now has bicycles.

My wrist was feeling a little better as the day progressed.

I finally figured out how to get the songs to play on iTunes without the thumbdrive.

At 9pm I heard people out on their balconies banging on pots and pans.  Even Teresa had no idea what that was about.

I watched a little Thursday Night Football.

7,988 steps today.

Joke of the day
What time does the library open?" the man on the phone asked.
Annoyed, the librarian composed himself before he answered.
"9 am," came the reply. "And what's the idea of calling me at home in the middle of the night to ask a question like that?"
"Not until 9 am?" the man asked in a disappointed voice.
The librarian began to get angry. 
"No, not until 9 am," said the librarian. "Why do you want to get in before 9 am?"
"Who said I wanted to get in?" the man sighed sadly. "I want to get out."

No comments:

Post a Comment