Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Tuesday, November 26, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up at 1:30, 4am and 6am, finally getting up at 6:30.

My wrist still feels pretty good.  I took half an Exedrin to clear my fuzzy head.

I left the apt at 7:45 and arrived at Habia Una Vez at 8am.  I had their breakfast special with a large coffee.  Jose arrived just before 9am.  We each had a coffee and I caught him up on what has been happening in my life the past 2 weeks.  We finally went upstairs at 9:45.

I showed Jose chess puzzle #144 but I solved it in one minute.  I must have been tired before.

I had the Black pieces in the first game and I played the Sicilian Defense but he got an attack going and I resigned on the 31st move.
It was 12:30 and he had a sandwich from Q’Bano and I had the Picanugys from Frisby.  I made the mistake of ordering them with BBQ sauce and they came with 2 packages of BBQ sauce.  I should have ordered them “bathed” in BBQ sauce.

I had White in the 2nd game and I played the London opening.  In the middle game he sacrificed a knight for 2 pawns in order to obtain passed pawns and attack my king.  I fought him off for awhile but resigned on the 51st move.

It was 4pm and I’m sure he would have heavy traffic returning to his house.  I went upstairs and got a haircut for 30mil.  He did a good job on the top of my head but cut too much off my beard and mustache.  (Teresa loved it though.)

I called Teresa and got a busy signal.

I went downstairs and ordered a café con leche at Todo Fresa.  The young salesgirl spoke to me in English explaining that she needs to practice.  I asked her why she wants to learn English and she said because it’s an international language.  What was amazing is that her pronunciation was perfect without any Spanish accent.

I returned to the apt by 5:30 and the new TV was installed in the old location.  The old TV is installed in the bedroom but it doesn’t work.  I asked why not and Teresa pointed to the router and said we need another one of those.  I pointed to the decoder box and she agreed that that’s what we need.  Teresa said the guy was only here a short time and it cost 120mil.

I figured out how to set up the date and time on the new TV and change the volume but not the channels.  Teresa got the old remote control and that worked.  Now all I have to do is learn how to take advantage of all of it features.  There is an owner’s manual but I haven’t been able to find a users manual.

On the news I see there is still some violence happening in protests in Bogota and I understand protesters have hampered traffic in Medellin.  (Teresa said it took Esmeralda 2 hours to get home from Itagui today.)

John Berrio, my Spanish tutor from 6 years ago, finally answered the email I sent on October 29th.  “I am still living there (Laureles) but I am working at my students home…yes, I’m okey (sic)…what about you?”

I finished reading John Grisham’s The Rooster Bar on my Nook.

4,722 steps today.

Joke of the day
Two elderly men were sitting beside each other in a barbershop.
One of them said to the other, "Now that you're turning 80, how do you honestly feel?"
"Honestly? Like a newborn baby!"
"How's that?"
"Well, I've got no teeth, no hair, and I can't stop wetting myself!"

No comments:

Post a Comment