Monday, November 4, 2019

Sunday, November 3, 2019


Well, today the US left Daylight Savings Time so now instead of Colombia being the same time as Chicago, we’re the same time as Boston.

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up at 2:30 and 6:30, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

I left the apt at 8am and met Glenn and Jose in Carbon de Leña.  Jose spoke almost perfect English, in fact he’s easier to understand than Glenn who speaks too softly.  Lol.  During breakfast I got a call from Teresa wanting me to pick up chicken at Frisby that she could take with her to the finca.  (She has someone maintaining the finca but she still needs to pay them and check on things.)  I left about 9:15 and found both Frisby restaurants and even Kokoriko closed.  I guess they don’t open until 10am or 11am.  I informed Teresa and she said not to worry, she would have lunch at El Rancherito near the finca.  Jose left and I walked Glen to the metro then went into the mall where I had a café con leche at Todo Fresa.
I returned to the apt just before noon.

I watched my Bears lose to the Philadelphia Eagles 22-14.  They just don’t have it this year.

Teresa returned at 6pm and we left the apt at 7pm and took a taxi to the patacon tienda across the street from Antica Pizza.  We shared a patacon with avocado and shredded beef, a torta with cheese, and 2 small empanadas.

Back at the apt we ran into a man in the garage and Teresa collected 2 months of garage parking rental from him.

8,425 steps today.

Joke of the day
The cowboy lay sprawled across three entire seats in the theater.
When the usher came by and noticed this, he whispered to the cowboy, "Sorry, sir, but you're only allowed one seat."
The cowboy groaned but didn't budge.
The usher became more impatient. "Sir, if you don't get up from there, I'm going to have to call the manager.”
The cowboy just groaned.
The usher marched briskly back up the aisle. In a moment, he had returned with the manager.
Together, the two of them tried repeatedly to move the cowboy, but with no success.
Finally, they summoned the police. The cop surveyed the situation briefly then asked, "All right buddy, what's your name?"
"Sam," the cowboy moaned.
"Where ya from, Sam?"
With pain in his voice Sam replied....... "The balcony."

No comments:

Post a Comment