Saturday, November 9, 2019

Friday, November 8, 2019


Last night we went to bed at 10:30.  I counted 14 people standing outside the Exito entrance that were making quite a bit of noise but still I was asleep in a couple minutes.  I got up once during the night, woke up at 6:30 with a light headache, got up and took half an Excedrin Migraine, went back to bed, was soon feeling fine and I finally got up at 7:30.

I left the apt at 9:30 and completed my limited exercises at the gym in an hour and 10 minutes.

When I returned to the apt Teresa had already left for the gym.  I’m not sure if she had 1 or 2 classes today but then she was going to the clinic near Mayorista to pick up her calcium medicine for this month.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Midway (6.4).  I have to give a thumbs-up to the best picture title: Mr. Toilet, the World’s #2 Man.  Lol.

I left the apt at 12:15 and met Chuck outside the steakhouse Black Pepper in La Buena Mesa.  He had a hankering for pizza so we went to Na Pizza again where we had the daily special – a large pizza and drink for 19,900 pesos (about $6).  I let him take the leftovers in a doggy bag. We went nextdoor to Parva for coffee.

We walked downtown (in a few raindrops) where we made withdrawals at our preferred banks.  We said goodbye as he needed to buy something at Dollar City.  I went to Claro where I paid our cellphone bills.  Teresa called and asked me to meet her and MT at the mall.  I experienced a few more raindrops on the way to the mall but it didn’t amount to anything.  I found them at the café – Chifre? – next to Habia Una Vez.

I got a call from someone named Alejandro, brother of Inez.  He siad Inez wasn’t available to teach me Spanish but he was.  I declined because his English wasn’t so good.  I’m going to see if Juan, Glenn’s friend, would be interested while Juan Castro is out of the country.

After sometime we went up to Crepes & Waffles where we had an early dinner.

Alex texted me asking how he could send himself dollars and I recommended World Remit.  He said he found an apt a 20 minute walk from the Floresta station.

At the entrance to Exito I noticed cases of packaged Christmas cookies.  Outside Exito we all had our blood pressure checked for free.  Teresa and mine were about the same – 133/73 but MT’s was only 104/47.  Teresa bought some skin cream at Miedipiel.  I thought they said she should eat some sweets but she returned to her apt and we to ours.  A thunder storm started about 7:30 and it was still raining lightly when we went to bed at 10:30.

11,787 steps today.

Joke of the day
Whitey was in the fertilized egg business. He had several hundred young layers called pullets and eight or ten roosters, whose job was to fertilize the eggs.
Whitey kept records and any rooster that didn't perform went into the soup pot and was replaced. 
That took an awful lot of Whitey's time so Whitey got a set of tiny bells and attached them to his roosters. 
Each bell had a different tone so Whitey could tell from a distance, which rooster was performing. 
Now he could sit on the porch and fill out an efficiency report simply by listening to the bells. 
Whitey's favorite rooster was old Brewster, a very fine specimen he was, too. But on this particular morning, Whitey noticed old Brewster's bell hadn't rung at all! 
Whitey went to investigate. The other roosters were chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing. The pullets, hearing the roosters coming, would run for cover. 
BUT, to Whitey's amazement, Brewster had his bell in his beak, so it couldn't ring. He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job and walk on to the next one. 
Whitey was so proud of Brewster, he entered him in the county fair... and Brewster became an overnight sensation among the judges. The result... 
The judges not only awarded Brewster the "No Bell Piece Prize" but they also awarded him the "Pulletsurprise" as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment