Sunday, November 17, 2019

Saturday, November 16, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, with a blanket, fell asleep rather quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

I took photos of our furniture: dining room table with chairs, love seat, sofa, and 2 end tables and sent them to Alex with a promotion price of 1,500,000 pesos.

I left the apt just before 8am and arrived at Los Molinos just before 9am.  Dario was waiting for me.  He told me he had to leave at noon but my clock is set to 1 hour plus 30 second increments and I didn’t want to change it.  I had the White pieces in the first game and I played the London System and on the 14th move I traded a Rook for a Bishop and Knight and he resigned on the 27th move.  I had Black in the 2nd game and he played the first few moves that I had just played in the London System.  I got a nice center pawn storm going in the center with threats against his Queen and King and he resigned on the 31st move.

He left and it was only 11:10, too early for lunch, so I left.  I took a Circular Sur 303 bus to the Aguactala station and the metro to the Envigado station, arriving in the Viva Envigado food court by 12:15.  I had the 6-piece Picanugys from Frisby for 15,900 ($4.50) then walked back to the apt.

I exchanged a few things then walked to Parva where I ordered a mango juice.  They changed their hours, now they are open in the morning weekdays.  The cafĂ© was surprisingly empty, maybe everyone was at the same Mayorca sale that Teresa is at.

I checked the news on my cellphone and solved some more of the 656 mate-in-2 puzzles for my chess homework.

I left about 3pm just as it started sprinkling a little.  I made it back before any real rain started.

Teresa was already back.

10,359 steps today.

Joke of the day
A doctor of psychology was doing his normal morning rounds, and he entered a patient's room to find his patient sitting on the floor, sawing at a piece of wood with the side of his hand.
Meanwhile, another patient was in the room, hanging from the ceiling by his foot. The doctor asked his patient what he was doing, sitting on the floor. 
The patient replied in an irritated fashion, "Can't you see I'm sawing this piece of wood in half?" 
The doctor inquired, "And what is the fellow hanging from the ceiling doing?" 
"Oh. He's my friend, but he's a little crazy. He thinks he's a light bulb." 
The doctor asks, "If he's your friend, don't you think you should get him down from there before he hurts himself?" 
"What? And work in the dark?"

No comments:

Post a Comment