Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Monday, June 6, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up twice, finally waking/getting up at 7am. Feeling good!

The Weather Channel predicts, “thunderstorms possible after 1pm.” It’s raining lightly at the moment.

Teresa showed me a video stating that the roof fell in on a mall in Poblado but it didn’t mention which mall: El Tesoro, Vizcaya, Oviedo, or Santafe.

Teresa informed me there will be a special concert on July 29th and do I want to go? Details: It costs 350,000+ pesos per person and lasts from 7pm to 4am. I think not. I told her to go and enjoy it but be sure you take your keys so you don’t end up sleeping in our corridor. She said she would sleep at her niece’s that night. Then she called someone and was surprised by “2” something so maybe the tickets are only for couples? TBC.

Teresa has a noon doctor’s appointment near Avenida 80 and I said I would go with her and we’ll have lunch nearby afterward.

I knew something was amiss when I asked for the address of where we’re going and she gave me Nueve eps on Calle 50 & Carrera 70. We left the apt at 11:15 in a Didi. Two blocks from the clinic the driver took a diagonal street. I brought this to Teresa’s attention and the driver said something about “la vuelta” which to me means something line “a turnaround”. He soon took another diagonal street so we were now parallel to Calle 50. At the next corner he turned left and I thought he would drop us off across from the clinic but he turned left. I thought he would drop us off at the gas station across from the clinic but he kept on going. That’s when I started questioning his driving as I pointed behind us and pointed out that we just passed the clinic. He had to make some more turns to get us back on track and he charged me 500pesos less than the bill and I didn’t tip him.

Inside the clinic, which was packed with few seats available, we were asked to put on our facemasks, which we did. We took seats in the first waiting area but soon were moved to the 2nd waiting area. Then Teresa got up and waved me toward her and I thought we were going to a 3rd waiting area but she just wanted something from the vending machine. I put in a 1mil coin for her 800pesos selection but when I pushed the buttons nothing happened. I made another selection and got a small package of Maizitos (like Fritos). She then switched to a small bag of peanuts for 2,100 and this time it worked.

She was called into the consultorio (consultation room) and came out about 15 minutes later.

Outside we walked across the street to the gas station and soon were in a taxi. We got out at Café Boulevard on Calle 7 where we had a simple but delicious lunch for 48,500 pesos ($13). We had an hour before her appointment so first I made a trip to the restroom. My first look told me there was no toilet seat. I used the urinal and never have I had such an intimate encounter with a paper towel dispenser. 😊 They installed it over the urinal at face height.

We went up to her doctor’s office and sat inside the office. Two young men came in (gay?) and from the little I heard and from what Teresa told me later they wanted lipo but were afraid and argued over who would go first. 😊

Half an hour after Teresa’s appointment time she suggested I go for coffee next door at Il Capuccino. There were a few raindrops as I moved from one building to the next. I ordered a café con leche for 4mil and found a seat at a small table. Teresa joined me about 15 minutes later.

She went into the next door Medipiel and came out and asked me to buy something for her there. When we went in apparently they didn’t have what she was looking for. Awww!

We took a taxi back to the apt in a light drizzle.

Well, I guess I won’t be going to Parva today.

Well, my travel notice expired today so I’ll have to reset it before the next time I want to use my Charles Schwab debit card.

Teresa informed me that the mall whose ceiling fell down was Vizcaya. She asked me if that was an old mall and I replied that I remember some major construction there a few years ago.

 

 

Pix of the day



1 comment:

  1. This attempt at humor is sick. Also using a tragedy for political gain shows a disregard for the value of life. Further this "cartoon" shows a complete lack of understanding of the issues involved.

    ReplyDelete