Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night (it was still drizzling), fell back asleep quickly, got up again at 5am (no rain), couldn’t fall back asleep, finally getting up at 6am.

Wow, it took 6 days for last Wednesday’s purchases to show up in my Charles Schwab account. I suppose, I hope, that the holiday weekend had something to do with the long delay.

My Metlife pensions showed up in my USAA account as expected. I understand my 3rd pension will appear there in July but strangely, I don’t see it yet in my Citibank account.

I ordered the latest issue (#26) of American Chess Magazine from US Chess.

At 9am we were both leaving for Viva Envigado so we shared a Didi to the mall.

She went to the gym and I went to Auros to print a few pages. Upstairs, I saw Banco Av Villas was already open (9am) as I passed it. I used a consignacion ATM to pay for my health insurance and Teresa’s gym membership. I topped off my cash at an ATM then paid for the apt after a short wait inside AV Villas.

Downstairs I had a latte in Todo Fresa.

Teresa joined me about 10:30 and while she had coffee with a pastry I went up to Dollar City where I purchased a ½” binder and index pages for my new chess course, the Scandinavian Defense.

After Todo Fresa Teresa led me into Home Center looking for something. I finally figured out she was looking for a shoehorn. She has her own but can’t find it. I think she should just wait as it must be in the apt and someday she’ll find it. She tried a few more stores but couldn’t find it anywhere – no surprise there.

At one point we saw a man with a small nearly white dog. I asked him what breed and he said Pomeranian de Luz. Strangely, it had red eyes and I finally learned it was an albino. I asked where he bought it and how much and he said Rionegro and 2-3 million pesos. It’s 6 years old, very friendly and he was also holding a 5-day old puppy that was trembling something fierce.

We returned to the apt by taxi. There is a sign on the entrance gate that says, “no taxis” but Teresa always waves to the porteros to let us in. In the elevator a PA system came on and said something. Back in the apt a portero called and Teresa spent at least 5 minutes explaining to them that I’ve had 2 surgeries. (But: 1. Taxis are only supposed to be allowed in for trips from the grocery store. 2. I always get out of cars outside the porteria, but Teresa always wants to be let inside.)

Teresa redoubled her efforts and found her shoehorn.

Nobraskja texted me that they have a package for me for 80mil.

I had a 40-minute nap after lunch. I had a dream similar to my recurring university dream but this time I’m looking for a restroom. I’m in an area with numerous cabin-like buildings. Actually, I’m looking for an outhouse. I go into a building and start peeing in a hole (grate?) in the floor. I look up and see people sitting in a library. I look to my left and see a young lady reading a book. I promptly wake up. 😊

When I got up, the street was wet and there were still raindrops.

According to The Weather Channel the rain should be ending now (3:30)! Now I’m just waiting for it to stop.

I received confirmation that my issue (#26) of American Chess Magazine has shipped.

I left at 4pm amid a few raindrops and walked 3-4 blocks to Envios Market. I paid 80mil and received my package of Joint Support supplements and a new chess book Chess Bootcamp: Beyond the Basics. I walked across the street where I had a latte and slice of carrot cake in Otra Patre. A tall young man arrived at a nearby table about the same time. He was soon joined by a tall young lady. A few minutes later another young man started talking to him from outside the fence. It sounded like German or something similar (Dutch?).

I paid 14mil ($3.50) and returned to the apt by 5:30.

Teresa was still there having changed her mind about going to the gym tonight.

About 7pm she asked me again to try to order burgers from Mcdonald’s. I had the same result as the other day. This time I had the idea of trying my new debit card. After entering all the pertinent details, including my name, it asked me for the name of the card. I tried “Charles Schwab”, “Visa”, and “VISA” and still I received an error for some reason.

My son sent me this interesting article:

https://prospect.org/justice/police-have-no-duty-to-protect-the-public/

Now that was an eye opener!

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment