Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, rain started 10 minutes later, fell asleep quickly, got up once more during the night, still raining (actually a downpour), got up again at 5:30 (still raining), got up for good at 6:15 (rain had finally stopped).

Teresa wants me to go to the mall early and make a copy of something so she can give it to someone else early. I don’t understand the details but Auros doesn’t open until 8am and I understand she doesn’t yet have the paper she wants copied. I guess I’ll find our more soon.

I left the apt just before 8am and took a Didi to the mall. Exito still had its gates down so I went up to the banking area where my CS debit card gave me a “transaccion con problemas intente luego” message. No problem with my USAA debit card so I made a large withdrawal (peso currently over 3,900/USD.) Back downstairs I had Teresa’s copies made and printed some chess notes. I picked up broccoli, apples, and potatoes in Exito and was back in the apt by 8:30.

I left at 9am and found Glenn at Los PorteƱos. We chatted for about 15 minutes and in that time his order didn’t arrive and no one came out to ask me if I wanted anything. I checked online and the next January 6th hearing is Thursday so Glenn and I can still meet for breakfast tomorrow.

I walked around the corner to Parva where coffee is cheaper, service is better, and I have more room to spread out. We had a rain shower that lasted 10-15 minutes. I left about 11:15 and bought a package of arepas for Teresa in Tienda D1 on my way back to the apt.

A muchacho showed up about noon, Teresa gave him the paperwork and he handed her a hypodermic needle with medicine.

I had some problems uploading a couple of photos to yesterday’s blog but I finally got it fixed.

Teresa finally got through to Direct TV and found out that this month’s fee is the same as last month.

I left the apt at 2:30 but by the time I was at the entrance to the garage it was raining. Back at the apt it stopped 20 minutes later.

We decided we would go see Memoryless Killer (5.6) starring Liam Neeson in Oviedo at 6:10.

We left at 5pm and took a Didi to the Carulla side of Oviedo mall. We waited in a short line (one person with a cart full of groceries) only to find out I can’t pay our Direct TV bill there.

We took an elevator up to the 4th floor where I bought 2 preferred seating tickets to the 6:10 show for 14,300 pesos ($3.75) each. We went down to the basement level to buy sandwiches at Subway only to discover the store was gone. Back upstairs on level 3 we bought burgers to go at El Corral. Back at the theater there was now a long line at concessions. We bought sodas and a small popcorn and the movie started shortly after we reached our seats. We ate our burgers in the dark.

The movie was pretty good with lots of action.

After the movie we returned to the apt by 8:30 by taxi just in time for Teresa to see most of her favorite Desafio program.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment