Monday, June 27, 2022

Saturday, June 25, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, took a little while to fall asleep, got up twice during the night (no rain), finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

Teresa left at 8:45 for two gym classes. We may meet up later for lunch in Viva or Mayorca.

I left at 9:45 for the mall. On the way I realized I forgot the umbrella I want to exchange so I had the driver take me back. I was in and out in 2 minutes and the driver only wanted to charge me the 5,500 pesos original fare but I gave him 10mil.

In Totto Pedro informed me he doesn’t have the other umbrella but he checked the system and they have one in the new section of Mayorca, but it’s gray. I told him I have no problem with gray and he wrote, “sombrilla, umbre, 8EA” on a piece of paper for me. I assume those are model and color numbers.

I was having coffee in Todo Fresa when Teresa arrived from the gym. She had something to eat and we then took a taxi to Mayorca mall. In Totto they didn’t have the umbrella I wanted but they suggested El Tesoro. Just in case we checked out the Totto in the old section of the mall but they didn’t have it either. We had a nice lunch in Parmessano for 68ml ($17), salmon for Teresa and pasta for me plus 2 juices.

Teresa checked out some clothing stores just in case they had anything new or something she missed. 😊

We returned to the apt by taxi.

From time to time, Teresa suggests I start exercising my arms and I have to remind her that Dr. Gomez said no exercising for six months. Two months to go but still I’m not going to start exercising without the doctor’s okay.

I had a nap from 2pm to 3:30. When I got up, Teresa was getting dressed. I understood something about a poor older relative in Caldas that doesn’t have food or a working refrigerator to put it in. I thought I was going to have to buy a new refrigerator for someone. Teresa asked me if I wanted to go to Exito with her so I wouldn’t be bored. I told her I’ve already been to 2 malls today (and I’m ready for some boredom). I offered 500mil toward the cause but Teresa only took 300mil and left at 5pm. (I heard the names of Vicky, Wilson, Laura, Monica mentioned so I guess they are pitching in also.)

Teresa may call me later (7:30 or 8) and if it isn’t raining we’ll go to Gloria’s for pizza.

I was thinking we might be able to get through a day without rain but it’s 8pm and there’s lightning in the area so we’ll see.

I unplugged the television and now its pouring. I guess we’re not going out for pizza; time to eat an apple. I took one bite out of an apple and Teresa called me. She asked me to meet them in the porteria. I told her its pouring here and she replied that it isn’t even raining in Sabaneta. Well, at least the lightning stopped so I’m going to plug the TV back in.

Teresa returned at 8:45. It was still raining when I went to bed at 10pm.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment