Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Monday, June 20, 2022

Today is another holiday, Sagrado Corazón (Sacred Heart).

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Well, the far leftist Petro won yesterday so we’ll see how that affects Colombia. My opinion is if the US could survive 4 years of Trump, Colombia can survive 4 years of Petro.

Somehow I didn’t get my cellphone recharged overnight. It was right next to the charger but not plugged in. I guess I tried to do it in the dark and it must have slipped out.

It’s at 37% so I plugged it in right away and it should be fully charged in about an hour.

I didn’t buy milk yesterday so we’re planning on going to Los Porteños for breakfast. Their website says they are open at 8am so we’ll call soon after to make sure they’re open.

Teresa called and got a busy signal. Our new plan: I would got to LP first and if they are open I would call her and she would join me for breakfast. If they were closed I would go to Ganso y Castor for breakfast and she would have an arepa in the apt. If GyC was closed, then I would return to the apt and she would make arepas for both of us.

I found LP open, took a table inside, ordered a small latte and called Teresa. Glenn soon arrived and took a seat outside. I joined him at the next table and Teresa soon arrived. For breakfast she had a ham croissant sandwich and I had their egg croissant sandwich. The total, with 2 large and 2 small lattes came to 68mil.

Teresa got a call from her niece inviting us to her apt for lunch. We accepted.

My son sent me a $100 Amazon gift card and my daughter sent me some nuts (in the mail) for Fathers’ Day.

We stopped at the small grocery store on our way back to our apt and bought milk and vegetables.

I put on my new Asics gym shoes for the first time and Teresa’s niece picked us up in her new car at 10:45 and took us to her apt in Robledo, near the Stadium.

After a bit Renaldo took me on a walk to the stadium. We entered a gymnasium where gymnastics practice was underway.




After about 30 minutes there we walked around another building where I noticed postings on each supporting column. I took a look at one and it said something about not parking horses in this area and something about the odor of urine and feces. 😊

We walked back to the apt and I was tired and ready to relax a bit.

We had a nice lunch of soup, grilled chicken and salad. Again, Teresa gave me a large bowl of soup and after that I only ate about half the chicken and salad and gave her the rest.

We left about 6pm and stopped a couple blocks away for coffee and snacks.

At 9pm Teresa was ready for bed until I happened to find Bohemian Rhapsody (in Spanish) on one of the Direct TV stations.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment