Saturday, June 4, 2022

Friday, June 3, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 9:30pm, fell asleep quickly, got up at 11:30 (it was raining), 2am (Teresa’s snoring), 5am (still raining), finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

It’s still raining slightly so Teresa informed me she’s cancelling her trip to the Mayorca gym.

What a dreary looking day. The Weather Channel (TWC) predicts “storms likely to end around 11:30am. More storms possible later.” I was going to go to the mall to take care of a few things but now I think I’ll have coffee locally and leave early (4pm?) this afternoon to buy the movie tickets and take care of the other things after.

I had coffee in Los Porteños for about an hour.

I left at 3:45 and took a Didi car to the mall. I had no problem buying 2 tickets to Jurassic World Dominion for 14,100 each ($4). I went back downstairs where I printed some chess pages, picked up a copy of Gente newspaper and looked for my mint chocolate chip ice cream. They had some Häagen Dazs but not that flavor.

Back upstairs I went through the newspaper while waiting for Teresa. She called me just after 5pm and asked me to order a Didi ride for her. I then ran into Jose Avendano, my previous gym buddy. He now has a neat beard and different hairstyle and was going to see the same movie.

I figured Teresa would be arriving any minute so I packed up my things and was switching to a chair on the other side of the table so I could see her come in better when I saw her walking in with Jose. I told him, “I didn’t know Cine Colombia had concierge service.”

I made a quick trip to the restroom then we got in a short line at concessions. We bought a combo which included 2 drinks, a hot dog, medium popcorn, and a Kit-Kat bar for 33,100 pesos ($8.75). Everything fit on a tray, Teresa filled our cups, and I carried the tray into the theater. It wasn’t easy to prepare and eat our things while the lights were down.

Coming attractions included Tom Hanks starring in Elvis (June 24th release) and Brad Pitt starring in Bullet Train (August 5th release) so it looks like we’ve got a few good upcoming movies to look forward to.

Jurassic World Dominion was good but I thought Top Gun was better. We ran into Jose again as we were leaving the theater.

Teresa was hungry so we went up to Crepes & Waffles but there was a long line to get in. Outside we quickly caught a taxi to Antica Pizza where there was another line. A young couple near the entrance had a friendly pit bull which I petted but Teresa is scared of big dogs like that. When they had space for us inside I stood between the dog and the entrance so she would feel safer going in.

I wasn’t particularly hungry but I had my usual vegetable pizza with a glass of water.

Teresa told me she heard weather here is going to be colder than usual for June, July, and August.

We quickly caught a taxi at our usual spot a block down the hill. On the way we passed a restaurant next to the La Vaquita grocery store that sells hotdogs for 2,000 pesos (53 cents).

I finished John Grisham’s The Chamber on my Nook.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment