Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:15, fell back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

Teresa wanted to go to El Tesoro but I reminded her I have an important program to watch from noon to 2pm.

Teresa was washing whites when I realized I didn’t have any clean underwear. It would take a couple days for the wash to dry so Teresa recommended I buy another package. I changed the MP in my underwear which I had to wear for another day.

I left the apt about 9:15 and walked to Ave. Poblado. A Sabaneta bus soon arrived and I heard a young lady behind me ask if this bus was going to Parque Envigado. I hesitated, trying to translate what she said, and I let her on first and seconds later as I was asking, “Which park? Parque Envigado?” She was already asking the driver. I got on and took a seat in the back while she chose a seat in the front. I got off at Calle 38 Sur and I noticed she wasn’t moving to get off so I said rather loudly as I got off, “Parque Envigado”. I was crossing Ave. Poblado when she came up behind me and thanked me.

I had some chess pages printed at the copy center then bought a package of Punto Blanco brand underwear for 76,990 in Exito. I walked the 6-7 blocks to Parva where I had a café con leche and bought a pan sano to go.

On my way back to the apt I bought 2 bags of milk and 6 lemons (limes) at the small market.

I watched the 2-hour 5th January 6th hearing on CNN. Cassidy Hutchinson, former aide to White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, testified:

1.   Trump said (to Secret Service): “Take the Magnetometers away. They (the rioters) aren’t here to hurt me. Let my people in.”

2.   Pat Cipollone said, “We can’t go to the capital. We’ll get charged with every crime imaginable.”

3.    (second hand knowledge), Trump allegedly assaulted an agent of his Secret Service detail over going to the west wing vs the capital.

4.   Meadows and Giuliani asked for federal pardons.

5.   When Trump heard Bill Barr say there was no vote fraud Trump threw his lunch plate against the wall. (And not for the first time.)

After, I watched at least two hours of commentary then had a 1-hour nap.

For supper I placed an order with McDonald’s. It’s a bit of a challenge to find our specific items because it isn’t a linear list, the items are categorized, in Spanish of course. It also asked for my debit card information. I thought I had already given it before but I entered it again. The order was delivered about 35 minutes later and I tipped the muchacho 5mil. This time I mistakenly added another order of fries and I think I ordered a regular chicken sandwich instead of crispy chicken for Teresa.

Well, we’ve almost gone through a day without rain. We’ll see what happens between now and midnight.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment