Friday, June 3, 2022

Thursday, June 2, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once around 2:15 (it was raining), fell back asleep quickly, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

The chess magazine I ordered is out for delivery in Miami at 8:05am.

I met Marcos at Maca for coffee. If Petro wins the presidential election he is considering moving to Portugal. He says it is not expensive, people are friendly, and many speak English. I had some questions about his Charles Schwab checking account but he only uses CS for investment purposes.

After he left, I had another latte and read a little in my new book.

I stopped at Mercado Madrid to see if they had Häagen Dazs mint chocolate chip ice cream but the only brands they have are the Colombian Popsy and Crem Helado.

I was back at the apt by 11:45. Teresa returned at 12:45.

My American Chess Magazine was delivered at my Miami address today at 10:37. I emailed a copy of my order to Envios Market.

After lunch I walked to the Pasteur pharmacy where I bought a bottle of Vitamin D tablets for Teresa. I had a latte and pastry in Parva for a couple hours. I bought a bag of penne pasta in Tienda D1 on my way back to the apt.

Before Teresa left for her 4:30 massage she suggested we go to La Estacion for supper afterward. All I remember them having is little empanadas so we’ll see if that’s changed.

Teresa called me at 6pm and I met her on the way to the corner. At that moment we felt our first drops so we headed back to the porteria. While Teresa went upstairs to get a jacket I struggled to find the La Estacion destination on my Didi app. Since it’s on Ave. Las Vegas I ended up just following the road on their map and I found it’s actually called La Ultima Estacion. I ordered the car as soon as Teresa returned. By the time we arrived at the restaurant it was raining pretty hard. We shared an order of empanadas then we each had a chicken shish kebab and a Coke for 44mil ($11). We were sitting outside and an occasional car that came into the nearest lane would occasionally splash me. Teresa got another order of empanadas to go and she gave the portero six and kept the other four for her breakfast tomorrow. (There’s supposed to be some special gym class at 8am in Mayorca tomorrow.)

 

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment