Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday, September 8th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly, and woke/got up at 6:15.

It turned out to be a busy day!

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava, studied there a while, stopped in Exito and bought a box of dog biscuits, and was at Jhon’s office 10 minutes early.  (I plan to use the dog biscuits to attempt to teach the dogs a few tricks.  I also tucked a couple in my fanny pack just in case I run into “killer dog”; maybe I can win him over before I leave.)

I had Jhon call Olga and tell her I won’t need her anymore because my girlfriend will be cleaning my apartment the rest of this month and then I will be moving.  Jhon told me she cried when she heard the news.

Direct TV called right after that.  I’m sure Teresa told them to call at this time.  The lady told me that right now Teresa is paying 40mil in advance (prepago) for what must be their Bronze service.  It will cost 81mil to upgrade to their Gold plan and we will be receiving a monthly bill.  Then I can purchase their NFL package which covers the entire season for 400mil.  (I justified that as only being about $10 a week and I can pay in two installments.)  The first month is free so I decided to wait until the end of September to order it so October will be free.  (Maybe they’ll even cut the price a little.)

After class I stopped at the apartment then caught a bus to Oviedo because If I Stay is playing at 1:20.  I was there 10 minutes early, bought my ticket for 5mil, bought a small popcorn and medium Pepsi for 11,700 and was in my seat just before the lights went down.

Once again I saw the short, in Spanish, about the story of The Pied Piper of Hamlin.  Then I saw coming attractions for Paul Walker’s latest movie Brick Mansions (5.7) and Robin Williams’ latest movie The Angriest Man in Brooklyn (5.6).  Interesting because both actors passed away recently and it looks like they have a couple more movies that are in post-production.  Another coming attraction was for Cantinflas (7.0), Mexico’s movie star from years ago.  I think the first, and probably only, time I remember seeing him was in Around the World in 80 Days (1956).

If I Stay was an interesting romantic film.  There were about 6 others in the theatre with me.  One interesting thing is that the woman who plays the mother of the female lead is the same actress who stars as a detective in The Killing, the TV series I’ve been watching.

When I left the theatre I went out the west exit and right away I got a call from Teresa.  She asked me where I was.  I told her and she reminded me she is going to the doctor with Laura for a 4pm appointment.  (Oh, yes, now I remember her mentioning that yesterday.)  I asked her if it was in the same building as before and she said “yes”.  I asked her for the office number and I heard “1403”.  I told her I would be there in 20 minutes.

I walked back east a block to Avenida Poblado and then north to the clinic.  
I got there at 3:55 and found that 1403 was a dentist’s office.  I texted Teresa twice and finally at 4:15 I checked the 13th floor – no luck, then the 15th floor and there they were, sitting in the general waiting area for the floor.  I asked to see her cell phone and showed her that I texted her twice.
Finally we were called into the dermatologist’s office at 4:35.  After she talked to them and examined Laura’s hair the doctor explained to me that Laura’s hair is thinning.  I understood there is some type of test she’s supposed to take and she was given a bottle of shampoo to use every day for the next 10 days.  I offered to pay for the visit but Teresa told me her mother sent her money for this.  (Now I remember she told me that yesterday.)  

Afterwards we walked across the street where Laura got a shot (I understand in her butt) and they purchased some medicine.  I didn’t have to pay for anything.  While waiting I noticed a magazine for sale called Selecciones which is the Spanish Reader’s Digest.  I walked them across the street to the bus stop, said goodbye and then walked west to Avenida Las Vegas where I caught a Circular Sur 303 bus to the Home Center on San Juan.  By this time it was after 6pm and beginning to get dark.

I bought a few things for the finca: a Stanley stapler (light duty), a box of staples (TRA205T; 5/16”), #0 Phillips screwdriver, a roll of packing tape, a reflective sign (left arrow) and reflective tape for a total of 104mil.

I was back at the apartment by 7pm where I had a bowl of cereal for dinner.

T-shirt of the day: I’m so goofy.

No comments:

Post a Comment