Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thursday, September 18th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up once at 4am, took more Passiflora drops and went back to bed, had trouble getting back to sleep, and woke/got up at 8am.  That’s a little later than usual but I guess I needed it.

I see the movies have changed: I now have choices of As Above, So Below (6.2), Sex Tape (5.3), and Maze Runner (8.0).  Based on the reviews I read, I think I’ll skip the first two.  The latter opens in the US tomorrow.

My remaining “t-shirt of the day” list is getting pretty short; it isn’t a problem of not seeing others, it’s a problem of forgetting them before I can write them down.

I had breakfast at Los Mejores and an orange juice at Redd’s.  I quickly checked in Exito to see if they now have the large packages of Coconut Granola – they don’t.  

After Spanish class I had a Steak Extra Classic burger, medium fries and soda at BK for 15,500.  The young man who works there asked me how to say “mucho gusto” in English and I said “my pleasure”.

Teresa called me about 1pm and we confirmed our meeting tomorrow at Wilson’s bar in Envigado at noon.

I caught a bus to Los Molinos and as I was walking through their Exito I was surpised to see they have the large bags of Coconut Granola.

I bought my ticket for 8,500 to Maze Runner (7.9); the Spanish title is Run or Die).  Their website said the movie starts at 3:10 but their marque and the ticket both say 2:50 but I was still 40 minutes early.

I walked downstairs to their Home Center where I picked out a few things: Tool box, caulk, caulking gun, light socket adapter, utility knife, 4 AA batteries, and 4 plastic hooks.  I was happy, and a little surprised, to find my light socket adapter because I couldn’t find one in their store on San Juan.  The only problem is my laptop’s power cord is 3 pronged and the outlets on the side of the adapter are 2 pronged but I’m confident I can find an adapter for them.

Now I remember what they call Teresa's “windows” that I want to caulk – they are called shutters.

Five minutes before showtime I left Home Center and headed for the theatre.  On the way I saw a store selling Halloween costumes and other items similar to what I would see in the States.

I skipped popcorn this time and was in my seat one minute before the show started.  I saw a coming attraction for The Railway Man (7.1) starring Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman.  At least I didn’t have to sit through the Pied Piper short again.

I thought the movie was very good and well worth the imdb rating of 7.9 but the ending was a little unclear for me and seemed to be setting us up for a sequel.

After the movie I bought 2 bags of Coconut Granola at their Exito and then the things I had already picked out from Home Center for 116,700 or $59.  I now have more than 23,000 points at Exito but I have no idea what I can use them for.

I had a bowl of cereal for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment