Sunday, September 21, 2014

Saturday, September 20th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night (1am, 3:30am), woke up at 7am and got up at 8am.

Yesterday I received a notice on my iPad that there is a new version of Apple’s operating system (iOS 8.0) available for download.  I remember the guy at the Mac Center recommended I do my updates using their store’s Wi-Fi so I don’t lose the internet connection during the process.

There are some workmen outside stringing wire; probably for internet access for the downstairs apartment.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  

Afterwards I walked over Exito where I bought a “girlie” basket of body lotion, soaps, etc. for Teresa as I understand today is the Day of Love and Friendship.  She will be really surprised, especially after I thought it was last Saturday.  She wants burritos for dinner and I found a frozen microwaveable package with 2 burritos and a quesadilla.

I was surprised to see Exito sells a couple of cheesecakes from The Cheesecake Factory.  If they weren’t so big, for 6 or 8 people, I would have bought one; another time.

I took everything back to the apartment, picked up my notebooks and headed back to Mall Laureles.

On the side street south of Viva CC they have tents set up (again I forget what you call “tents” with no sides) to sell food and things that men might want to buy for their girlfriends or wives.

I studied Spanish for a while, left about 12:30 and stopped outside the Mac Center to do my iPad iOS update but I couldn’t access their wi-fi.  I went inside and the same guy that helped me last time told me the password has changed and he added the new one for me on my iPad.  I showed him the new OS that I need to update and he said they recommend I have my iPad plugged into a power source while I do it.

I sat on a bench outside and started the update and it didn’t finish until 50 minutes later.  I was pretty nervous that it might not finish correctly.  Not sure if it would be faster if I wasn’t running off the battery; probably not.

I stopped at the corner store where I added 10mil to Teresa’s cell phone.

Back at the apartment I exchanged my iPad for my Nook and headed over to Pizza Americana where I had my usual pizza.

After I finshed eating I told the girl working there that I’m going to be moving to Envigado but the nearest Pizza Americana is in Itagui and I would like to have their address.  I gave her my cell phone to call them but she went inside and called on the store phone and came back with the following address: “Crr 50A 33 61” which I interpret to mean Carrera 50A Calle 33-61.  The only thing I know of in Itagui is Mayorca CC and it is at Calle 51 Sur #48-57.  Before, I thought the “sur” or south was referring to the Carrera but now I’m thinking it means “Calle 51 Sur”.

Back at the apartment I found I can’t get an internet connection.  I can see that I am connected to the network but it says “No internet access”.  Could this have something to do with the fact they were working outside this morning on the wires?

Teresa called at 6:50 to tell me she now had a ride – con effectivo - so I expected she would arrive soon.  She finally arrived at 7:20, we heated up the burritos and quesadilla for 5 minutes in the microwave to share.  They were pretty tasty considering they weren’t very expensive and they were store bought and microwaved.

No comments:

Post a Comment