Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wednesday, September 24th, 2014



Last night I tried watching another episode of The Killing but because my internet connection (actually my neighbor’s) is so slow I got 2 minutes of movie interspersed with 2 minutes of clocking.  After about 15 minutes of that it clocked for about 20 minutes straight before I gave up.

I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4:15, woke up at 6:15 and got up at 7am.

On my way down Carrera 83A I was met by what I could only describe as a marching band and parade including a couple people on stilts.  They were all about junior high age so I’m sure it was somehow connected to a school.  (Later Jhon told me it has something to do with celebrating Colombian folklore.)

I had my usual breakfast at Los Mejores followed by an orange juice at Redd’s.  I tried to study a little Spanish in Viva but I couldn’t get a strong enough wifi signal.  

The last couple of days there has been a baby pigeon on the porch of Jhon’s office that apparently isn’t strong enough to fly yet.  Several times we observed the mother come up to it and feed it by the baby putting its beak down the mother’s throat.  It wasn’t there this morning and Jhon said a woman that lives around the corner came and took it away to care for it.

Before my Spanish class Jhon helped me with two things: first, he made an appointment for someone from Une to come to my apartment tomorrow afternoon to fix my wifi and second, we found that I (we) have to go to the Une office to cancel my account.  Jhon says there is one by, or in, the Jumbo on San Juan so we plan to go there tomorrow morning before or in lieu of my class.

I had Teriyaki chicken for lunch at Sarku’s in Viva.  It cost me 11,400 instead of the advertised price of 10,900 because I think the cashier upgraded me to a larger drink, which I didn’t mind at all.

I took a bus to Los Molinos where I bought a 3-prong to 2-prong adapter for 1,600.

On the bus on the way back to Viva I got a call from Teresa.  I understood she wanted my address and I told her I would call her back in a minute.
I stopped in Viva and texted her with my address.  In Mall Laureles I saw Lucas as I found a table so I knew I could get some help if need be.  As I was calling Teresa, Dario came around the corner.  I motioned him to sit down and I asked Teresa if she has my address.  She said no so I gave Dario my cell and my address card and asked him to help me.  He read her the information and gave me back the phone.

She wanted my cedula number and when I asked her why she said for Une.  I asked her if this was for my apartment and when she responded yes I told her she didn’t need to worry because Jhon and I will take care of it tomorrow.

I told Dario that I’m moving in with my girlfriend next week in Envigado and we said goodbye to each other.

I stopped at Juan Valdez café in Viva where I had a slice of carrot cake (4mil), and a 12oz. latte (4,800) with vanilla (2,400).

Back at my apartment I sent an email to Teresa telling her I’m getting low on funds for the month.  I have enough for her doctor on Friday, Sunday’s Bears game, Monday’s move, and food for the remainder of the month but that’s about it.  I told her I will receive a little more money on Tuesday and the remainder on Wednesday or Thursday.

I went through my old Une, epm, MBE and other receipts, unstapling them, to throw most of them away.  

I had a bowl of cereal for dinner and I plan to make some popcorn later.

T-shirt of the day: What goes around, comes all the way back around.

No comments:

Post a Comment