Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sunday, September 21st, 2014

We went to bed at 11pm, I got twice during the night, got up again for a little while about 7pm, went back to bed, actually fell asleep again and I got up with Teresa at 9:15.  She said Sundays are meant for sleeping late.

Today we are going to a town called San Pedro for the day.  She said it is colder there so I will probably take a long-sleeved shirt and/or jacket with me.  I know what she thinks is cold isn’t what I think is cold.

She washed 3 of my t-shirts I had sitting by waiting for me to wash and I understand she will let them soak for the day.

After our showers we each had a bowl of granola.  She loves granola.

Because we are going to Dormitorio, or whatever it’s called, tomorrow she decided we will just stay here today.

She asked if I want to go watch American Football.  The Bears play tomorrow night.  If I knew the Packers were playing this afternoon we would go and I would root for them to lose.

I knocked on Marcela’s door to see if I could borrow her wi-fi and her mother said she is getting dressed.  I asked her to have her knock on my door later.

Teresa finally opened her gift.  It’s a Green Canyon Spa Butterfly Orchid bath gift set which includes Body Lotion, Shower Gel, Body Spray, Body Scrub, Body Butter, Soap, and Bath Salts.  She was excited to get everything and try to figure out what all she had.  Afterwards she cut my toenails and gave my feet a message with the body lotion.

We played some dominoes in bed.

It was raining a little so we stopped in Exito and I bought an umbrella large enough for 2 people for 29,900.  I now have 24,182 points and I have no idea what I can do with them.

We had lunch in Frisby, Frischuleta and juice for Teresa and Combo #2 for me for a total of 36,900.

Afterwards we stopped in the pet store at Mall Laureles and bought one of those plastic things you put around dogs necks so they don’t bite or lick themselves.  Teresa told me Luna has a wound that she keeps licking so she wants to go to her finca today to put it on her.

We stopped at the apartment and I wrapped the flower vase I had bought in some towels and we took a car (con effectivo) to Aquacatala where we quickly caught an express bus to her finca.

She told me that at night you really can’t see the sign I put up.  I’m not sure if it’s because it’s too small or its set too high or its too far from the road but it looks like she may be correct.

We put the plastic guard around Luna’s neck but when I looked at the wound it looks to me like it might need stitches.  I gave her all the money I had (60mil) so she could take Luna to the vet in Caldas on Tuesday.

We caught a car – con effectivo – back to Caldas where we took a bus to Aguacatala.  When we got off she showed me a shortcut to where I usually catch a bus back home.

Back at the apartment I borrowed Marcela’s wi-fi and added it to my laptop but I don’t know how to add it to my iPad.

Finally I was able to talk to Teresa using Google Translate.  She told me they might not be able to get me wi-fi in the finca because it’s too far from the road.   After discussing the problem I believe if we can’t get wifi I might be able to get internet through her telephone line.  We’ll learn more tomorrow when she talks to someone.

T-shirt of the day: Rookie

No comments:

Post a Comment