Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday, September 12th, 2014



Last night I watched the 1st episode of the new season of The Killing.  

It rained all night and was still raining when I went to bed at 10:30.  In one of those rare moments I put the thin blanket on my bed.  It stopped raining sometime in the early morning.  I got up once during the night, woke/got up at 6:40.  Now its a little overcast but it still might clear up for the day.

I checked the US movie releases and there isn’t anything I want to see.

Locally, I would like to see Lucy and maybe The Grandmaster.

After breakfast, my Spanish class, and lunch I’ll be leaving the apartment at 2pm to spend the weekend with Teresa in her finca.


I had chicken teriyaki at Sarku’s for lunch; they recently raised their price on this special from 9,900 to 10,900.

I packed my gym bag with some clothes; some I’ll need for the weekend and other things I will need to move to her place eventually anyway.

I was at Wilson’s bar by 2:05 where I met Teresa.  We walked over to the other side of the Envigado metro station where after about a 15 minute wait we caught a Fredonia bus.  This bus doesn’t go through Caldas so we save a few minutes.  

It was raining a bit when we got off the bus and the climb up the hill wasn’t any easier.  This time I could see how you can open the barbwire fence to allow a truck or car to get through.

Teresa always picks up a few rocks at this spot and today I learned why.  The neighbor has some aggressive dogs and one came out and challenged me.  As long as I faced him he wouldn’t advance but would snarl at me a lot.  If I turned away then he would get more aggressive and walk towards me.  Teresa threw rocks at them and they finally backed off.

Teresa’s dogs seemed to remember me so that wasn’t a problem.

She showed me where she put the plants around the finca.  One of the pots broke so I guess that will have to be replaced.

I was anxious to see the improvements.  The shower heater is installed and also a light bulb has been added over where my chess table will go.

With Laura we watched a couple movies: Kamikaze and Divergent (which I remember seeing in the movie theatre).

T-shirt of the day: You look amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment