Sunday, August 16, 2020

Saturday, August 15, 2020

 


Quarantine Day #151.

Last night I went to bed at 10:45pm and quickly fell asleep. I got up once during the night and again at 6:15, finally getting up at 8:15. I think it rained most of the night.

Last night I played 4 games on Chess.com, winning 3 and losing 1. Then again I had the white pieces for 3 of the 4. The game I lost I was clearly winning but lost on time. At least I won the one game where I had the black pieces and played the Sicilian Defense. My new rating is 1214.

In the Chess.com puzzles I finally clawed my way back up to 1800.

At 1pm the temperature is only 78 degrees.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 7 games to 3. My last trip to the mall I bought a small container of Play-Doh. Yesterday I put some in the bottom of 4 of the parcheesi pawns to hopefully give it a little weight so it doesn’t tip over so easily. It seemed to work but the Play-Doh didn’t dry as quickly as I hoped and in some cases merely fell out and I had to shove it back in. We’ll wait a few more days to see if my great idea works or not.

 

In a letter this week to Vice President Mike Pence, Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) called out the Trump administration for shortages of supplies needed for COVID-19 testing.

"The failure of leadership from the Trump Administration is resulting in a rationing of health care in Wisconsin and it is unacceptable," Baldwin wrote in the letter sent on Tuesday, addressing Pence in his capacity as head of the White House Coronavirus Task Force. "Months into this crisis, and we do not have enough supplies available in the state of Wisconsin for the widespread testing that is needed to monitor and contain the virus."

 

President Trump on Saturday said he disagreed with an assessment from the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that the United States could face the “worst fall” from a public health perspective if Americans do not follow guidelines to ease the spread of the novel coronavirus.

 

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy claims that removing nearly 700 mail processing machines nationwide is a “routine” cost-saving measure, not a brazen attempt to steal the 2020 Presidential Election by suppressing the vote.

The hobbling of the United States Postal Service to rig the November election is also causing immense collateral damage. Delays in mail delivery hurt people on medications, in need of paychecks and pension checks to pay the rent and of legions of small business owners to ship goods to customers. Many of those suffering are Trump supporters so his scheme is unlikely to win more votes.

 

The veterans' rights group VoteVets is going after President Donald Trump for his war on the U.S. mail, explaining that while he might think it's about preventing Democrats from voting it's hurting veterans and soldiers.

"After five draft deferments and faked bone spurs excuses Trump is finally going to war — with the U.S. Postal Service," the ad begins. "Yeah, the Post Office. The one that American troops have relied on for over 200 years."

 

Glenn sent me the new pico & cedula schedule and our day next week is Friday and the week after that will be Thursday.

 

I finished reading Paul Kalanithi’s When Breath Becomes Air.

 

The US has 5,253,529 ð 5,306,151 ð 5,346,412 coronavirus cases with 166,900+ ð 168,100+ ð 168,900+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 433,805 ð 445,111 ð 456,689 cases with 14,810 deaths.  Medellin has 32,523 ð 33,551 ð 34,513 cases, an increase of 960 from August 14th to 15th. Envigado has a total of 1,890 cases, an increase of 42 from August 14th to 15th.

 

Joke of the day

In 1900, fathers shook their children gently and whispered, "Wake up, it's time for school." 
Today, kids shake their fathers violently at 4 a.m., shouting: "Wake up, it's time for hockey practice!"




No comments:

Post a Comment