Monday, August 24, 2020

Sunday, August 23, 2020

 


Quarantine Day #159.

Last night I had a horrible night. I went to bed at 10:30 and was still awake at 3am. I got up and read a bit and went back to bed at 3:30. I finally fell asleep and woke up and it was only 5:15. I finally got back to sleep finally waking/getting up at 8:30. I see a nap coming in my near future. I’m going to try to hold off until after lunch. I also had a weird dream, a nightmare actually. I was trying to find my desk at work in an unknown building with hidden and weird working elevators. My car was covered with snow in the parking lot and someone else had the keys.

Last night I played 4 games on Chess.com, winning 1 and losing 3. In the first game I had the white pieces and won rather easily. In the 2nd game I played the Sicilian Defense but blundered my queen. In the 3rd and 4th games I was winning but lost on time. Not so good considering I had the white pieces for 3 of the games.

My new rating is 1197.

I tried taking a nap but gave up after 45 minutes in bed. I sure hope I sleep well tonight.

 

The average quarterly economic growth under Trump, 2.5 percent, was almost exactly what it was under Obama in his second term, 2.4 percent.

 

The president heads into the Republican National Convention after a string of bad news, including the arrest of a former top aide and a damning reminder of Russia’s interference in the last election.

 

Former FBI Director James Comey said Sunday that former White House strategist Steve Bannon was in "a world of trouble" following his indictment on fraud charges.

"It’s another reminder of the kind of people this president surrounds himself with. At this point they could almost start their own crime family," said Comey, who is also a former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, where Bannon was indicted. "It’s a very serious case. The Southern District of New York has laid it out in a very detailed indictment called a speaking indictment, and he’s in a world of trouble."

 

The Las Vegas Strip is now a "hotspot" in more ways than one. Where before it was considered a top tourist destinationLas Vegas is gaining a new reputation as ground zero for COVID superspreader events.

According to the Harvard Global Health COVID-19 tracker, Nevada currently has the third-highest concentration of coronavirus cases in the nation. The vast majority of those cases are in Clark County, which houses Las Vegas—meaning the bulk of the state's 65,150 cases and 1,197 deaths have taken place within city limits.

 

I forgot to report yesterday’s parcheesi results that I won 3 to 2. Today Teresa was ahead 5 games to 0 when I made an amazing comeback and won 6 games to 5.

For supper tonight we ordered fried chicken from Frisby. We’ll certainly have leftovers for tomorrow.

 

The US has 5,633,493 ð 5,658,367 ð 5,696,871 coronavirus cases with 175,200+ ð 175,600+ ð 176,400+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 522,138 ð 533,103 ð 541,147 cases with 17,316 deaths.  Medellin has 39,058 ð 39,974 ð 40,756 cases, an increase of 782 from August 22nd to 23rd. Envigado has a total of 2,205 cases, an increase of 63 from August 22nd to 23rd.

 

Joke of the day

Why do they call it the novel coronavirus? It’s a long story.

No comments:

Post a Comment