Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Sunday, August 2, 2020


Quarantine Day 138.

Last night I played 4 games on Chess.com, winning 1 and losing 3. And I had the white pieces for 3 of the games. Sigh! My new rating is 1206.

Last night I went to bed at 10:30pm. I heard some pretty loud music coming from somewhere in the neighborhood. It had the same continuous beat as I believe I was just hearing the base side of it. Usually people are pretty good around here at turning off their music at 11pm but at 11:05 I gave up, got up, and closed the bedroom window which helped a lot but not completely. Five minutes after I returned to bed the music stopped, I waited five more minutes to make sure it wasn’t going to start again then got up, opened the window and went back to bed. I got up twice during the night, again at 7am when Teresa got up, finally waking/getting up at 8:30.

 

 

We hit 88 degrees today if I can believe the thermometer on my balcony which is in direct sunlight.

A young man from the fincas brought over 30 eggs and a chicken for 39mil. I picked it up at the guardhouse.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi 6 games to 5.

I finished reading Too Much and Never Enough by Mary L. Trump, PhD.

 

The US has 4,559,720 ð 4,599,345 ð 4,659,853 coronavirus cases with 153,600+ ð 154,300+ ð 155,100+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 295,508 ð 306,181 ð 317,651 cases with 10,650 deaths.  Medellin has 18,123  ð 19,691  ð 20,898 cases, an increase of 1,206 from August 1st to 2nd. Envigado has a total of 1,231 cases, an increase of 79 from August 1st to 2nd. Cases are still increasing but finally aren’t accelerating. We’ll see if that trend continues.

 

Joke of the day

A man is out shopping and discovers a new brand of condoms: Olympic condoms. 

Impressed, he decides to buy a pack to show his wife. After he arrives home, he proudly presents the Olympic condoms to his puzzled wife.

"Olympic condoms?" she asks him. "What makes them Olympic, exactly?"

"Well," answers her husband, "They come in three colors: Gold, Silver and Bronze."

"What color are you going to wear tonight?" she asks with a smile.

"Gold, of course!" proclaims her husband proudly.

"Really," ponders the wife, "Why don't you wear Silver?"

"Why silver?" asks the husband. 

"Well, it would be nice if you came second for a change."


No comments:

Post a Comment