Thursday, August 13, 2020

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

 


Quarantine Day #148.

Last night I went to bed at 10:45 but it took me until at least 12:30am to fall asleep. I got up twice during the night finally waking/getting up at 8am. I made my usual trip to the bathroom but the toilet wouldn’t flush. I waited a little bit to inform Teresa so my back could loosen up. She then told me that she turned the water off, I guess because she probably heard it running and didn’t want to waste water. She turned it back on.

Last night I played 4 games on Chess.com, winning 1 and losing 3. I had the white pieces in the first game and we both got an attack going against the other king. He neglected a check that would have kept things going for him and I checkmated him in 3 moves. I had the black pieces for the last 2 games and despite losing both I thought I did a fairly good job of playing the Sicilian defense. My rating is now down to 1208.

 

About 4pm yesterday I saw that Biden had selected Kamala Harris as his running mate. It was a few hours later that I saw confirmation of that.

 

The Pac-12 and Big Ten announced they have cancelled their fall football season. I know the MAC had already cancelled theirs.

 

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then waited a little longer for my back to have more of  chance to loosen up. I left the apt at 9:45 and followed my usual route. The temp was about 75 degrees with a little welcome breeze. When I returned to the apt complex I reversed my route so I could walk a little longer, returning to the apt at 10:45.

 

I beat Teresa in parcheesi 4 games to 2.

 

Coronavirus continues to spread at high rates across the US South, Midwest and West, even as the total number of new Covid-19 cases has declined since a summer surge.

Nationally, over the past seven days, the United States is averaging just under 53,000 new cases of Covid-19 per day, down 11% from the week prior.

As a result of all those cases, deaths from the virus have remained high. The seven-day average of daily coronavirus deaths was just over 1,000 on Tuesday, the 16th consecutive day the US averaged over 1,000 deaths per day.

 

Apparently Coronavirus testing is good enough for Trump’s golf buddies, but not needed for schoolchildren.

 

The Trump administration cut its unemployment benefit boost to $300 from $400 after triggering blowback from cash-strapped states that couldn't afford to pay their share.

 

With 30 million Americans out of work and the country still in the midst of a pandemic that Trump has lost all interest in doing anything about, his administration now has an answer to our economic troubles: Cut the capital gains tax!

 

The US has 5,083,857 ð 5,152,393 ð 5,196,556 coronavirus cases with 162,800+ ð 164,400+ ð 165,400+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 397,623 ð 410,453 ð 422,519 cases with 13,837 deaths.  Medellin has 27,883 ð 29,568 ð 30,704 31,654 cases, an increase of 950 from August 11th to 12th. Envigado has a total of 1,747 cases, an increase of 52 from August 11th to 12th. There appears to be some irregular leveling off of new cases.

 

Joke of the day

In 1900, a father waited for the doctor to tell him when the baby arrived. 
Today, a father must wear a smock, know how to breathe, and make sure his cellphone battery is charged.




No comments:

Post a Comment