Sunday, February 26, 2023

Saturday, February 25, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once during the night, waking/getting up at 7:15.

I left the apt at 9:15. I stopped at our gym but they had recently washed the sidewalk so I saved that exploration for another time.

At Parva I created a new vacation calendar from Tuesday, August 29th through Thursday, September 14th. I also studied a chess opening and did some more chess tactics.

I left at 11:15 and returned to the apt. I checked out the gym again but this time it was locked. If I can see the manufacturer of their multi exercise equipment maybe I could find it on the internet to see if there is something specifically for exercising the stomach.

At 12:30 the transit police showed up again. I didn’t see any cars parked illegally but maybe they already chased them away.

Teresa and I each had an hour-long nap after lunch.

Teresa has been asking me if the wedding is going to be “elegante”. I showed her the Island Art & Taste video where the ceremony and reception will be which answered that question.

In my recent game against Troyclough he’s been making moves at 4am so I asked him if he’s now working night shift and he replied he’s in Paris.

I finally finished reading John Fowles’ 656-page The Magus, not an easy book to read. It seemed like every page had a word I’ve never seen before. For example from page 58, “I read the Greek poems and saw them for what they were: undergraduate pieces, without rhythm, without structure, these banalities of perception clumsily concealed under an impasto of lush rhetoric.” And from the same page, “My face set into a stiff mask, like that of an acroterion.” And there were Greek and Latin phrases mixed in with lots of Shakesperean references.

 

Today I got in 1,992 steps.

 

Single-Panel Comics



No comments:

Post a Comment