Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Teresa and Laura are going shopping in El Tesoro so I’ll be on my own for lunch. I’ve already made plans to meet Marcos in Parva at 11am to take a look at the airline websites.

Marcos arrived early in Parva as I was just finishing setting up my laptop. He showed me how to switch the default language of Spanish on some airline websites to English. We tried a number of airline and date combinations and if I act quick it looks like we can fly roundtrip direct from Medellin (MED) to Madrid (MAD) for about $1200 per person using Air Europa. The plan is to fly to Madrid around the end of August, rest there a couple days then to use a regional airline to fly to Athens, Greece, arriving a few days before the wedding. Then we have a few days after the wedding, hopefully long enough to take a ferry or small cruise to a couple of the Greek Islands. We then reverse the process returning to Medellin.

Marcos left and I researched a number of other date combinations and Teresa and I can fly Economy Standard round trip to/from Madrid for about $2416. Next I’ll try adding selected seating and see how much that adds to the total.

I had beef lasagna with garlic bread and a mango juice next door in Na Pizza. I also got a bottle of water to go for a total of 46mil ($10).

I texted the ladies and asked if they wanted to go out for dinner to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Laura found a Greek restaurant named Egeo in the Click Clack Hotel and made a reservation for 8pm.

I put on one of the pairs of linen pants I had bought for Greece. They obviously need to be shortened a bit.

At 7:30 I started ordering a Didi and we arrived at Egeo 10 minutes before 8pm.



Laura ordered a pitcher of sangria and I ordered saganaki to share. Unfortunately, it didn’t come flaming so that will still be a surprise when we visit Greece. Laura also ordered babaganoush with pita triangles. I ordered the gyro sandwich, and Laura and Teresa ordered a number of ala carte items including the ubiquitous salmon and a Greek salad. The total came to 382,954 ($79.50) and we returned to the apt by Didi.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment